RSOV: 'Cyma' AKS74U (CM035)

Puding

Link logs us on on an account. I presume it's the OP's.

Cast metal reciever?

Would this be ok with the Firefox 9.6v 1500mah stick battery? Which I see selected in the shopping cart.

humm i made 100% no account was logged in when i copyed the link because I'm aware of that problems so strange very strange.

Link logs us on on an account. I presume it's the OP's.

Thats part of the reason why I wont shop at RSOV. Thats just too insecure for my tastes. Shame too because he has all the guns that i wanted to order at a good price. Now I get to sit and wait untill Uncompany decides to put my order through... (Now approaching the 2 days waiting for the shipping charges......)

CYMA is definetly on a roll. At the current they are the only brand of guns that I recommend to new players because I know you wont have any issues stock for a long time. I'm proud to say that I've ordered them for that very reason, keeping them stock and using them as rental guns :)

I got a Inokatsu Galil, it weights more than a ton!! (the receiver of Ino Galil seems to be casted and milled).

I also got the CM-035 in my hand, it is casted alloy receiver.

I got impression that cyma receiver was die cast alloy rather than stamped steel (a cast steel receiver would weigh a ton)

The first 028's didn't have metal recievers, they were plain ole plastic. Unless you mean the dust cover which IIRC was made of stamped steel.

Anyway's, these new all metal AK's look like a darn good deal, even if the metal is cast. Are the Unicorn receivers stamped steel?

Are the Unicorn receivers stamped steel?

aye the unicorn is 1mm stamped steel with big chunky 12 guage plates inside (riveted along each side where the rails would be on a real receiver). Everything else that should be metal (outer barrel excepted) is either pressed or cast steel (outer barrel is turned alloy). All parts in photo below are steel

top photo is all the steel parts on the unicorn

unicornparts.jpg

bottom photo is a close up of the unicorn receiver

aye the unicorn is 1mm stamped steel with big chunky 12 guage plates inside (riveted along each side where the rails would be on a real receiver). Everything else that should be metal (outer barrel excepted) is either pressed or cast steel (outer barrel is turned alloy).

Yeah, just read the little write up you have in the other thread, sounds good and all except for the frontsight being held by sets crews, I've have bad luck with that setup.

Yeah, just read the little write up you have in the other thread, sounds good and all except for the frontsight being held by sets crews, I've have bad luck with that setup.

aye I'd have prefered the Unicorns sight pinned like the VFC. Looks like they've decided to pretty much mimic inokatsu method throughout.

Once you opt for the inokatsu method of securing lower handguard you've no real choice but to make front sight post easily removeable to let folks take the handguard off Driving cross pins out from under the alloy outer barrel each time someone wanted to do that would likely have led to more slop and chewed up surfaces than using the grub screw.

The first 028's didn't have metal recievers, they were plain ole plastic. Unless you mean the dust cover which IIRC was made of stamped steel.

Anyway's, these new all metal AK's look like a darn good deal, even if the metal is cast. Are the Unicorn receivers stamped steel?

I was talking about the other metals. Hoping they weren't going to be making the recivers using the same process/metals.

Thats part of the reason why I wont shop at RSOV.  Thats just too insecure for my tastes.

You can email your orders into rsov. I have the same concerns as you with the security of the sits so I just add items to the cart to get a shopping list then copy and paste it into an email and ask for the shipping total then paypal the payment.

Archived