The worst parts of airsoft

nine

I just used to find it annoying that someone would happily spend hundreds on a 'RIS ninja pencil sharpener' but couldnt splash out on a plain od jacket and trousers to play the 'african militia' or whatever and instead insisted on playing as third world rebels in a multicam and molle getup etc....

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To me its all about 'film-sim'

Its playing soldiers with toy guns in the woods or industrial site.

I just like enough suspension of disbeleif to feel im in a good war story or film.

I dont want 'mil-sim' been there and had enough of that and airsoft *cannot* ever replicate a military operation accurately, i just want a bloody good time thats feels a bit like a great movie.

resz, thats the best part. Especialy when the missus asks if you've had a good day and in spite of all the pain(BB & age) the wet and the mud you can still say YES :D Thats what the game is about.

As for the gear queer's, Who cares!! let them have their fun, last weekend I spent part of the afternoon In Us repro vest M51 korea Issue trousers and Converse boots. Did it it look weird, you but, but I had fun.

The worst part for me has to be Dead man talking. If your dead dont tell your mates what happend, if you want to just chat with some one either get out of the bloody way or go back to the safezone.

Ooh yes and box mags on mp5's WTF is that all about.

Cheers.

bollogs.

bloody armchair generals anyone else hate these too??

Here, here. QFT.

Im actually not bothered by this. I have seen people with MP5s, pistols and other sub machine guns stay at the back while others went up front. Theyre suppose to go up. =\

If someone tells me to go up front, i expect some cover.

Heck, even I have told people to move up.

exactly at an open day i dont really care what other people wear but then i odnt play at open days.

At themed days i expect folk to make the effort and not try and shoehorn their fave look into the theme because they think it looks cool even though its totally innapropriate or they just cant be bothered to get soem jungle greens or whatever.

Its like i do a lot of wwii and at some games the rebel side wil be 'any other cmao than dpm' but i'd never dream of turning up in a full splinter pattern panzergrenadiers uniform just becasue i like wwii...

Yeah but in that case is it the same gearbox anyway

Like the faithful old hammer thats had three new heads and two new hafts in the ten years i've owned it :)

Out of interest what make was it and for what gun?

A good point - airsoft philosophy, who'd have thunk it!

It was a Marui V3 for an AK47. It's seen use (or at least, it was supposed to see use) in a Guarder RPK and Inokatsu 103. It's never been right in any body it was installed in, and now every single component has been replaced - right down to the shell, which is now a King Arms, and the wiring.

The final replacement - the anti reversal latch - is winging it's way to me from HK. Fingers cross this will finally cure it, as I won't list the hours I've spent building and rebuilding the gearbox in a bid to make it work. :)

People with hot guns, not because it hurts more but because one of them kept back 6 or 7 of us, we couldnt get into range to hit him before we were all hit even when we rushed him, I had to fire my M4 at 30 degree angle just to drop BBs in front of his position (my gun chrono at approx 320), his BBs were going past the tree I was hiding behind at almost flat trajectory (or so it looked like).

the only things i don't like are cheaters. and that encompasses the following:

Hot weapons when they know it.

Kevlar Kiddies.

Cheat Calling (i shot you! no you didn't etc)

Blind Firing.

people who believe the bang rule should burn in hell. (close range mag emptyers)

these encompass the nasty aspects of airsoft, everything else i believe is only good.

i don't mind being shot in the face (i should turn away quicker or duck more)

i don't mind most things but blatent cheating upsets me because i deem airsoft to be an honourable sport when played properly, and when it is its damned good for all involved.

pete

Ooh time for a rant :)

People who stand around shouting orders telling everyone else what they should do to "win the game" when all they do is stand around in the rear

People who stand around in the rear on attacking games. If its an attack/defend game what good is standing around watching when your on the attacking team?

People not backing me up, I like my suicidal charges as its usually the best way to get into a good position but I hate it when I turn round only to find noone in a position to back me up usually resulting in me getting royally owned.

Not being able to get kit which fits properly <_<

I know I'm probably going to get bashed for saying this but:

Hi and Mid Caps - Most people say they play to be realistic yet use highcaps for leetpwnism ???

It's true though.

"No guts. No glory"

I can't blame ALL the players though; the manufacturers giving away hi-caps with every AEG :blink:

Also... I did have something else in mind but I forgot.

At F&O we dont use the bang rule, it sounds a bit gay having all your gear and then running around shouting bang :waggle: We do however use a surrender rule whitch has the same desired effect. With the emphasis being on the guy who just got cought with his pants down, that way if you go for it and get lit up, you've got nobody to blame but you're self.

bollogs.

Archived