JG Sig-552

stewball

Just spotted this on Airsoft-News.eu during my morning "newsfeedreed" (geddit?). I'll deffo be getting one of these for comparison with my Mauri one and (providing some parts are exactly the same) to use for spares.

Yul sent in pictures of what appears to be Jing Gong's replica of SIG 552 Seals. As always, we should treat this news with some doubt, as long as it is not confirmed by one of the reputable stores- but it looks legit. Basically, it is a clone of Marui's 552 SEALS with somewhat higher exit velocity of 330 fps.

Click the image below for the larger version

jg_552_1709_s.jpg

//EDIT: Resized pic

Well -1 from me ( ;) ), just for brutally reminding me again that after months of buying variations on a theme from JG (M733, SR16, M4 with para-folding stock etc, MP5-J, MP5SD5) for no other reason other than I'm a weak, weak man and couldn't resist the temptation of making an affordable AEG purchase every few weeks (even if toward the end I was buying them just for the sake of buying something), JG now start branching out into something a little different just as the door swings shut on imports to the UK. Oh well, deep, cleansing breaths etc.

I do, however, console myself with the incontravertible fact that my flat-top M4 with the para stock is about as near as you can get to a Sig without actually being one, and the SR16 offered an appropriate place (finally) for me to put my 2ROY M203 and it now looks altogether more anti-social as a result, so it's all worked out in the end I suppose.

Well allow me to grind your self-esteem even lower then :)

airsoft news has just mentioned that the SG552 manual also has info about an S550 & S551, which would mean that the old discontinued TM's get their chinese competition. ;)

Well allow me to grind your self-esteem even lower then :)

airsoft news has just mentioned that the SG552 manual also has info about an S550 & S551, which would mean that the old discontinued TM's get their chinese competition. ;)

HOLY SIG SAUER BATMAN! This is most excellent news to me; I was planning on buying a ICS when they released their versions later, but I'd take a JG over an ICS anyday. Plus the added benifit of them being cheap. I'll take one of each from the entire series If I can get my hands on them. Most pleasing news indeed!

I was under the impression retailers could still order in guns etc? If not then once all the guns in stock sell out, there will be no more?

Ohh I was going to post something really sarky but I couldn't, I was just about to click on the "add reply" button when my better nature got to me (damn you nice me!!)

Ben133, airsoft in the UK will be fine, it's just about to hit a "speed bump" but it'll recover and you'll be able to get new guns etc once everythings ironed out - rather than posting VCR related questions here check out the whole forum dedicated to it ;)

As for the Sig552 - yay now I have to find an excuse not to buy one, gah.

I have my TM552 and have always wanted 551 and 550 in my arsenal :nosleep:

I only hope that chinese will do something about all the flaws on original TMs(not counting burst mode) on 551 and 550 (I have read something about barrel wobble, etc)

They have issued this just in time, I was seriously wanting to go with FN FAL but now i will wait :)

Archived