Army Code L119A1, SFW Style Barrel Assembly

Army Code British Army L119A1, SFW Style Barrel Assembly

otherheadermediumxn5.jpg

Army Codehas a reputation in the industry of producing high quality products that are 100% or 99% authentic to its real steal counterpart. With the boom of new products for many other nations apart from the standard US M16/M4 or Russian/Chinese AK variants that we have either all come to love or hate Army Code is also producing new variants and it looks like their new focus is on the UK.

Many of you are aware that Army Code plans to launch their L85A1/A2 variant this year and from the information I have received this will be the most accurate replica to date. But in the mean time Army Code is expanding in the more classic look.

This Friday Army Code will release their latest product, and yes it is for the M16/M4, but there is one thing that makes this product stand out from all the others on the market, it’s for the British L119A1.

The Box.

Well Army Code don’t actually package their product in a box as I already mentioned in the G36 body review, but in a thick polythene bag, fortunately the more reputable online dealers send your goods in sturdy boxes, so don’t be put off by the packaging, most of you who read my reviews know that I’m very much in favor of cheap packaging over that of the more fancy renditions appearing on the market.

packagingmediumlm0.jpg

The packaging is thick enough to protect the barrel during transit from other parts as well so if you are putting in a large order you won’t need to worry about the package getting ripped and the barrel scratched.

The Barrel

The outer barrel and sleeve are made from high grade 6061 aluminum which is the same as the aluminum used in commercial and military aircraft.

completebrokendownbarretm0.jpg

The chamber based is made from reinforced steel, which prevents warping of the joint where the barrel attaches to the upper receiver, players with the old Tokyo Marui M16/M4’s will know that this is one of the factors in the notorious Marui barrel wobble.

lugmediumnc4.jpg

The other nice features is that it can be reduced in length allowing the user to chose the barrel length the maximum is 15.8 inches long then inches and finally 9.1 inches, giving you the option to go from a CQB style weapon to a standard infantry rifle in just a few seconds.

shortbarrelassemblymeditq4.jpg

Due to the high quality of machining involved the Diemaco logo and markings will always be in the correct position allowing your trades to be fully visible regardless of barrel length.

completebarrelassemblymrb5.jpg

Please note though that on the CQB barrel length you will not have any trades.

Markings.

As mentioned before the markings on the barrel of those of the Diemaco L119A1 rifle with all the correct serial numbers and as you can see from the image the UK designator.

lasermarkingmediumrd8.jpg

The markings, logos and serial numbers are all laser etched on to the barrel making the overall finish excellent and long lasting even with the abuse that the sport throws at it.

Fitting

The fitting of Army Code’s L119A1 barrel is very straight forward, but depending on the make and materials used for your upper receiver the barrel will either need some force to insert or will simply slide into place.

conectedmediumwh6.jpg

I found on the standard Tokyo Marui the barrel simply slotted in to place while on my G&P and Guarder receivers I needed to use a rubber modeling hammer to knock the barrel into the upper receiver, even without the barrel locking nut there is no barrel wobble!

finishednj8.jpg

One of the other great features of the Army Code L119A1 barrel is that it can be used with both Airsoft M16/M4 furniture and also that of the reel steel rifle, perfect for players and collectors looking for the most realist replica on the skirmish field and wall mounting.

Please note that this can not be modified in any way to fire real ballistics.

completeguncc0.jpg

The other cool thing is that they have supplied information on what the UK SFW L119A1 should have and look like, perfect for players want to replicate this 100%.

detailsmh1.jpg

Conclusion:

Yet again Army Code do not hold back in their quest to bring highly detailed and accurate replica parts to the airsoft community, the finish and materials used are of the highest quality as well as the processes used to manufacture them.

Score:

8.5/10 why not 10/10? One of the things that always worry me is things unscrewing on my rifle while playing in a woodland environment only to be lost forever. The barrel doesn’t have any locking grub screws on the front sections of the barrel which means you will need to use a thread lock to prevent any unwanted losses, but then you would lose the realistic finish; a grub screw would just give you that added security and peace of mind.

The other reason is that it seems that this has been released in the wrong order; I think more players would welcome a high quality L119A1 receiver set than the barrel but as soon as one hits the market this item will certainly be in demand and thus raise the score to 9/10.

The other problem is right now there are no replica M16/M4 receivers with designated markings for the UK so players wanting a 100% authentic replica are either going to have to wait till one is released or have one custom etched.

Closing comments.

The team at Army Code is probably one of the only manufacturers that really does have a feel for what players want, being active Airsofter’s themselves a lot of the projects are based on their own wants which has a tendency to reflect a lot of other players desires too. Hopefully their L85 won’t be to long in coming and hopefully they will release a M4/M16 receiver to match this awesome barrel.

Players wanting to purchase Army code products can now purchase from their newly opened webshopHere!

Whilst I'm all in favour of British kit, I'd imagine that they should have waited and released the barrel and body as a conversion kit. Very few people will buy one without the other.

Plus, it's not a one-piece barrel, and although that gives modularity, it's also less stable, which I don't like.

However, when the body does come out I might have to grab a M4 clone and convert it into a L119A1! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What make of flash hider did you use on yours? My CA one only goes so far onto the barrel (shortened part) before it tightens up and wont budge. Do i just keep turn it on nd off till it loosens a bit and fits? Por query i know just donw want to ruin the threading cheers.

Edited by Handsome Pete

Ye i got it on in the end. Just needed some wearing in. Absolutly in love with this barrel. Awesome build, great to look at. Just fitted into my CA M15. Wats also neat is the fact u can unscrew it and make it a a CQB length barrel. Just awesome. If you're having any doubts on getting one then stop now. Just get it. Thanks for the review fareast. cheers.

ya me too mate, its great. still got them at tokyomodel, mine arrived in 5 days.... Great service, worked out at £68 posted so not too bad atall. It looks great, and now my L119a1 is beginning to take shape. However have now stalled, as trying to mount a star36 on the RAS....... bugger, and i failed D&T at school as well!! :(:(

• 3 months later...