Honestly i cant get sharp lines with the krylon paints. Because of the spray can i would have to get really close to get thinner lines, but then it would look weird. I never do solid colors except for the khaki. Everything is lightly ghosted over the kahaki.

I always leave the M4 together so that i dont have to mess with putting it back together and end up having a problem. Other then that its just easier that way, and you dont get that professional planned out paint job look.

What kinda colours would I need for mainly green and brown decidious areas. Like majority of places in Britain? More OD than usual or just how you've done it in the review? Great painting btw!

Do you have a picture of the area that you play in. Just saying the colors doesnt really help. If i saw a picture i could tell you exactly what i would do.

I just used OD on mine, and sprayed it over the stock black colour. It breaks up the outline nicely, and looks quite different from the over-painted guns you sometimes see (in my opinion, at least). I mean, would a real soldier ever find the time to paint their rifle in perfect MARPAT? Unlikely...

One comment on the review, though, is that the pictures are tiny when I click to expend them - it basically just opens the thumbnail in a new window.

My first idea when you asked was to do something like Havoc's and then add a little brown to it. That wouls work, but i noticed a big open field of dead grass which would blend in really well with the khaki paints i used. If you really wanted to you could take all the colors and also leave a little black in to mix it up.

doc, since there's very little dense woodland there, I'd say a mixture of olive drab and the stock black, mixed with a few small splodges of perhaps medium brown (not khaki) would do nicely.

The med. brown is too light for my liking, but should blend in nicely where you play.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Yeah the pictures are a little hard to make out, so if you get a detailed camera or just take close-ups that'd be good :D

I wouldn't do my whole MP5 but I might well do the front grip now... same procedure. In my area of the UK I think I'll need lots more green, in complete woodland...

I think solid lines doesn't work well too, blending in works best IMO.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...