Cyma AKS 74U

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Havent had a chance to re test it mate, I should be able to tinker around with it on Sunday. I will hopefully be able to give it a full test when I go around to a friends house (he has a big garden :P).

On a side note, I did another coke can test earlier and it only pierced one side of the can so around 310?

2 different brand of cans though when I used them and one was in HK, I'll chrono it next week.

I have one here too - I actually prefer it over the DBOYS, as it's SOLID. The DBoys is a VFC 100% clone, but it rattles and looks too shiney etc. Plus the fake wood on the CYMA looks better than the REAL wood on the DBOYs.

The Front end is TM style, but has VFC style grips. The Bolt too is TM style.

Oh by the by, the front and rear sights on mine are metal, not plastic. The only plastic on the outside of the gun is the pistol grip, fake wood and the mag.

Yeah I definitely found the Cyma a lot more solid overall than the Dboys :).

Are the sights on yours finished in the same matte black as the rest of the metal parts?? Or is it a slightly gloss black? I only ask as I actually have no way to confirm whether my sights are plastic or not, just that they look it. The sight housing is definitely metal though :).

Last question :P, just wondering if yours came with an instruction manual??

Yeah I definitely found the Cyma a lot more solid overall than the Dboys :).

Are the sights on yours finished in the same matte black as the rest of the metal parts??  Or is it a slightly gloss black?  I only ask as I actually have no way to confirm whether my sights are plastic or not, just that they look it.  The sight housing is definitely metal though :).

Last question :P, just wondering if yours came with an instruction manual??

The sights are metal, but in a slightly gloss black.

And no, no instruction manual. Bit strange - CYMA usually has the best looking boxes and instructions of all clones, and DBOYs was generally brown cardboard.

Now it seems to be the other way around. Hmm.

About the hopup; if it's like the TM hopup then the slider being all the way to the right is the off position, and you move it to the left to turn it on.

AK hopups can sometimes be kind of tricky, try again starting with it all the way off and keep testing it in your garden or wherever you can fire it and keep moving the slider further and further to the left (millimeters at a time) and see if you can hit a "sweet spot". I'd spend a lot more time on it before thinking you'd need to replace it or telling others that.

Can you clean the superglue off the broken tab & use the likes of JB Weld/Liquid steel type product to rebuild & reinforce it?

Miah

I havent thought of that to be honest, I don't have the tools, knowledge or resources to do that :(

About the hopup; if it's like the TM hopup then the slider being all the way to the right is the off position, and you move it to the left to turn it on.

AK hopups can sometimes be kind of tricky,  try again starting with it all the way off and keep testing it in your garden or wherever you can fire it and keep moving the slider further and further to the left (millimeters at a time) and see if you can hit a "sweet spot". I'd spend a lot more time on it before thinking you'd need to replace it or telling others that.

Will do, I didnt really notice any change in trajectory from one extreme to the other (could be due to my small garden though) but I'll spend some more time on it tomorrow :).

Just spent a bit of time adjusting the hop with positive results :D:D, it seems like the existing Hop bucking will be fine but I'll confirm once I can test it somewhere with more than a 15 metre range :P.

Also did another coke can test,

1 Side - Pierced

2 Side's - Pierced the 1st, cracked the 2nd (not sure if this would pass as piercing both, it was a real big dent on the 2nd side with a small crack)

Bottom Side - Negative :P

EDIT: If any other owners would like to add there own bits to this such as gearbox information and pics of gearbox etc please feel free to!

Edited by tangman
darklite: the mating of the receiver and the rear sight trunnion does seem to be marui-style but the notch on the trunnion is larger than usual, is it not?

zT :assassin:

No idea. But I'll see if I can swap a TM-style assembly onto it later.

some units we got have plastic ones -- looks like ACM qc issues are not totally gone.

but the groupings we are getting seem to point to a TB too -- very similar to those made with the thompson and the M14. so JG could lose its place if cyma maintains its direction.

10 shots @ 10' semi, 10 shots @ 10' auto, ics .2g. hop set to 0 for the tommy

post-19317-1190689078_thumb.jpg

Edited by zentaurus
some units we got have plastic ones -- looks like ACM qc issues are not totally gone.

but the groupings we are getting seem to point to a TB too -- very similar to those made with the thompson and the M14. so JG could lose its place if cyma maintains its direction.

10 shots @ 10' semi, 10 shots @ 10' auto, ics .2g. hop set to 0 for the tommy

CYMA has always >>> JG in terms of quality. JG's first metal GBs were horrid.

JG does win on the amount of different models they have though - that is where JG wins over every other ChiMan.

But yeah, CYMA am teh winzors.

I'm planning to buy a Cyma AKS-74u, I think it's available in our country. The BOYI version is not out in my country yet, and I would love to hear about your opinion; should I get the CYMA AKS-74u, or should I wait for the BOYI version? Which gun would be better in a real game? Thank you! :)

Edited by captainbeer

P9250087-1.jpg

P9250086.jpg

P9250085.jpg

P9250084.jpg

CYMA AKs74U with black furniture and PBS-1. No, it's not the right silencer. Sue me.

darklite: the mating of the receiver and the rear sight trunnion does seem to be marui-style but the notch on the trunnion is larger than usual, is it not?

Alas, the notch is not bigger, it's LOWER! The tabs on the body are about 3mm lower than on the TM! So, you can mod the TM front to fit, but it's not a straight swap.

Still, CYMA AK74m + CYMA AKS74u and some minor modifications will give you a folding stock AK74.