Cyma AKS 74U

I am not positive if this question was answered before but could the entire front block be swapped out with a tm ak47 style block?

i love the reciever and i love the stock but i wanted it more like full size ak47 and was wondering if the front end could simply be moved as whole to another gun or vice versus. i would like to see this gun with a full length ak barrel and normal gas block with wood grips but i want to make sure the parts are compatible before i canalabize it.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am not positive if this question was answered before but could the entire front block be swapped out with a tm ak47 style block?

i love the reciever and i love the stock but i wanted it more like full size ak47 and was wondering if the front end could simply be moved as whole to another gun or vice versus. i would like to see this gun with a full length ak barrel and normal gas block with wood grips but i want to make sure the parts are compatible before i canalabize it.

If you mod the front end, yes.

The two slots on the frontend trunnion are about 3mm lower on the AKs74u than the standard AK47/74 ones - cut some new ones, fill the old ones, drill a new locating slot for the cocking handle guide rod and that'd do it.

Am I missing something, or is this for real?

look on gunner airsoft main page...

they are offering a CM.035 with wood...

i hope that that is standard and not just gunner airsoft..

That's a Standard.

There are now two versions of the CYMA AKs74u:

Plastic grips

Wood grips

I'm in Hong Kong right now and I'm going to pick up either the CYMA or the DBoys/Kalash. I like the idea of a steel body, but if the CYMA has a solid enough alloy body and has much better fit and finish, it is a strong contender for my cash. I've handled two DBoys M16 variants so far and they were pretty awful, so I don't really hold that company in high esteem.

Has anyone cracked open the gearbox yet to verify if the CM035 has metal bushings as rumored or if they all have plastic bushings?

Snorkelman, have you had a chance to compare the CYMA to the Kalash? Just wondering what your thoughts were.

Finally, would the CYMA benefit from a metal hop-up chamber (that Pro-Win metal chamber looks nice) or is the stock chamber fine as is?

Edited by darryl zero
I'm in Hong Kong right now and I'm going to pick up either the CYMA or the DBoys/Kalash. I like the idea of a steel body, but if the CYMA has a solid enough alloy body and has much better fit and finish, it is a strong contender for my cash. I've handled two DBoys M16 variants so far and they were pretty awful, so I don't really hold that company in high esteem.

Has anyone cracked open the gearbox yet to verify if the CM035 has metal bushings as rumored or if they all have plastic bushings?

Snorkelman, have you had a chance to compare the CYMA to the Kalash? Just wondering what your thoughts were.

Finally, would the CYMA benefit from a metal hop-up chamber (that Pro-Win metal chamber looks nice) or is the stock chamber fine as is?

1) Yes, Metal bushings, and the GB is much better than the DBoys.

2) 6.04mm tightbore as stock.

3) The hop-up unit is perfectly fine. However you may want to change the hop-up rubber, as the stock one is perhaps a little soft for the 380fps it puts out.

additionally:

the alloy receiver of the cyma is strong enough. structurally stronger, imho, because of the metal outer barrel held in the trunnion in the usual TM-style way.

while the Kalash has a metal receiver, there are assembly qc issues. the bolt carrier rattles, there is a gap between the receiver cover and the front trunnion, and the handguards are looser fitting than on the 035. at least those are true on the units that i have.

so boyi wins in looks, cyma wins in functionality, imho. <_<

cheers,

:assassin:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Don't know if any of you have encountered this yet, but my grip and upper receiver hinge snapped off. The grip broke off around the screw, which is all that holds it on, and the upper receiver hinge snapped in half. This happened during transport in a padded bag. I don't think it's alloy--it looks very much like pot metal to me. Internals and performance are great though.

probably the tab that pushes the upper handguard lock pin. happened to a player in the philippines too. :(

@dokieboy: you must be blessed ;) have seen more problems with the RK01 than with the 035 here. one Kalash owner had the muzzle device cone break off during play; another had the barrel lock pin slip off while it was resting on the bed <_<

isolated incidents, yes, but they did happen.

@darryl zero: the 035 is supposed to have metal bushings in but we have seen units here that have plastics ones.

cheers,

zT :assassin:

Edited by zentaurus
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have the cyma one and it is lovely. I have used it in 3 game days thus far in excess of 15 000 rounds through it and it peforms beautifully, range is first class as is fps. the finish is still good even after playing one whole day in the rain.

My stock also has a slight wobble to it but it isn't so much of an issue it bothers me.

Mag wise it feeds flawlessly off the cyma hicaps i have and also the MAG midcaps although these are noticeably loose in the magwell.

A friend has the Dboys one and although it looks very nice I would still buy the cyma anyday of the week.

well i gave my cyma the serious worn affect but now it has a sparkly new mag and silencer they will have to get the treatment shortly.

Hop was wank when i got it so Tm unit now fitted and downgraded from 400fps to 330. Now just need to beef up the ROF a bit.

From this

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c221/1st...oter/ak.005.jpg

To

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c221/1st...oter/551007.jpg

And in the flesh it looks even better the grips have been given the guiness treatment havent come out well in pic but personaly i still check them to make sure they arnt wood. A bit better in this pic

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c221/1st.../modvest005.jpg

Edited by 1st_shooter
  • 4 weeks later...
My Cyma AKS74U broke last week after ten days and about 14000 bbs fired.

By the noise I think some gear is broken but i dont know yet

My guess is that it's the Spring Guide. That's the only sub-par part that's in the whole gun. It's not terrible, but it's definitely not good. For a gun that shoots 360-400 stock, everyone should look into replacing it with a reinforced one as soon as possible.