Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tangman

Cyma AKS 74U

My guess is that it's the Spring Guide. That's the only sub-par part that's in the whole gun. It's not terrible, but it's definitely not good. For a gun that shoots 360-400 stock, everyone should look into replacing it with a reinforced one as soon as possible.

Thanks, I will open it soon and will comment about the problem

not totally right, doopy. the Kalash RK01 wins in external looks but it suffers in durability where it uses pot metal. component fitting is also not too good. but hey, it's supposed to be Russian, so . . . . :rolleyes:

Just a quick question..I've just received my AKS74U this morning and the front end seems a little loose. wobble from the front sights to the flashhider.. the previous owner has tried putting millputt on it to tighten it up...so once ive chipped that off..im gonna try and tighten it.

Any ideas?

Check the underside of the front sight, there should be a set screw that tightens it to the outter barrel. If not, shim the inside of the front sight till it fits.

Oki cool...i'll give it a look. I did notice the screw actually, but only had limited time to fiddle with it as i was going out the door for work when it arrived.

I'm planning to get one of these from airsoftgi very soon. What upgrades/back up parts should I purchase with it? I was thinking a systema version 3 metal spring guide for sure and maybe hop up bucking. Do you think hop up bucking is neccessary or not? The only ones airsoftgi has in stock are the systema enhance hop up bucking and the guarder enhance hop up bucking. Which of those, if either, would be a good choice? And if I'm way off on something sorry I'm an airsoft noob!

replacing the bucking will certainly help, and the guarder would be a better choice, IMHO. the metal spring guide is not really necessary if you are keeping your gun stock. a bearing spring guide would be a better option if you want to really go for a metal spring guide.

exactly what detail of which part, shroom? muzzle end? front sight? handguards? upper handguard locking mechanism?

some detail pics here. not all the pieces of the disassembled front end in one pic though. <_<

mainly a close up on the lower foregrip and the fron trunion removed. i want to see what it would take to put yugo handguards on it. i also would like to see the barrel sizeand if it matches the standard tm barrel diameter.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.