KART EBR

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

¡Las fotos, hombre, las fotos!

I don't recall whether you said you have a camera, but images of the failures you mentioned would be great!

You mentioned misfeeding in auto but not semi auto - my Marui did the same thing after I took it apart for the first time and I was never able to remedy it. I used it as a semi-auto only DM rifle, so it wasn't an issue. I am suspicious of the angle at which the hop up loading tube feeds BBs/sits in the receiver. That never looked right to my eye.

Well I picked mine up today.

DSC01706.JPG

First impression when I picked up the box is that it's a very heavy rifle. Comparable to my CA M249 Para but much more comfortable to hold. I have medium sized hands and the EBR fits in my hands quite nicely.

I got mine from RSOV and it didn't include batteries nor a charger. It did come with a cleaning rod, a manual and a sling.

DSC01710.JPG

The sling is quite nice for a freebie, but the plastic parts and buckles seem to be very soft and I'm not sure if it will hold up during a game, especially when used on a heavy airsoft rifle like the EBR.

DSC01728.JPG

Very sturdy and solid and no squeeks or wobble apart from the ABS handguard which hides the batteries. The rails on my EBR had no issues whatsoever and all of my optics bolted on with no problems. Eotech, M3 replica, aimpoint replica, all had no problems. I have not tried my ACOG yet though, which chas reported he had problems with.

I managed to cram an ICS nunchuk battery in there. The handguard itself is very solid as well and holds itself, although loosely, in place. Which is a good thing because the potmetal rail under the handguard, is very easy to break, leaving you with nowhere to screw the handguard on.

9.6v%201100mah.jpg

The overall finish of the KART EBR is very decent, eventhough it does have its little flaws in its finishing.

DSC01711.JPG

DSC01712.JPG

DSC01713.JPG

DSC01715.JPG

Some other issues are the little bolt-on rail in front of the rear sight.

DSC01718.JPG

It does not screw in but instead is held in place by a hex screw.

DSC01717.JPG

They definitely didn't make this part of the rifle to last as you can see.

to be continued...

Anyway moving on, the collapsible stock is built like a tank. I hung up the EBR on the wall by the front RIS and the extended stock and it has no problems whatsoever to sustain the full weight of the EBR. It does have its minor issues once again. When you fully extend the stock, it does not stay in place in its final position. Due to the miss-positioned screws, which prevent the stock from being pulled out completely.

The following pic shows you the penultimate extended position. The slot in the stock sits correctly.

DSC01720.JPG

And this pic shows you the stock in its fully extended position. As you can see the metal retainer does not sit in the slot of the stock.

DSC01722.JPG

The stock is also unbelievably hard to extend and to collapse. I'll try a bit of oil later on and see how that works.

The pistol grip is very thin, due to the fact that there's no motor in it and it probably resembles the real steel version of pistol grips. Another issue here was that the plate under it, came seperately in a plastic bag. I tried putting it in the grip, but it didn't fit. I'll probably have to grind a bit off those two plastic thingamajigs in the grip.

DSC01723.JPG

I also have an AGM M14 and its mag fits in my KART EBR nicely, without (too much) wobble and vice versa my KART mag fits in my AGM as well. I have not had the chance to fire it, to test the feeding due to the fact that I'm out of BB's. :P

DSC01724.JPG

DSC01725.JPG

DSC01726.JPG

DSC01727.JPG

Compared to the AGM M14, the KART EBR has a nicer and more solid charging handle action and springloaded safety switch. The fire select switch on the KART does seem too rigid and hard to turn, it feels as if it's going to break off when too much force is excerced.

Overall it's a very nice rifle and definitely worth its weight in money. As chas has reported in another thread, he made his TM Socom fit in the chassis, so there's simply no reason not to buy this one, even if it's for just a cheap EBR project.

What? I didnt say I had fitted a TM SOCOM in my EBR chasis, but I have fitted an AGM M14 in the chasis 5 minutes ago.

Both AGM and KART are full (except for a few parts inside the GB) copies of the Marui and (as predicted) Kart has copied the chasis from KA or TGS, so the gun itself stays the same and you can fit any m14 (TM, CYMA, AGM, Kart or UTG) in the chasis.

Only thing you have to interchange is the motor-cage. If you are lucky, you may even end up with the same wiring (if they are long enough).

As said by Tomster, the whole unit is tough as it can be, but the hex screws of the chasis are a very tight fit, one of those that you can turn the screw 3 or 4 times and it still is hard, you know? Altough the screws seem OK, I dont think this is the kind of chasis you can open and put together ten times without consequences...

Nice photos, tomster. Any stripper clip rear picatinny rail for the AEG M14s will have the same set screw. I had the KA RAS for my TM M14 and it was identical to that.

I made a small detent in my receiver so that the screw had a bit more 'bite' to it and was less apt to wiggle. It's still a so-so solution, but better than it was.

u got any more pics of the gun? also will the King Arms mid caps work wit this?

and are the threads for the flash hider CW or CCW?

Pics of the rifle itself? No, haven't taken any of those yet. But I will when I get back from work.

As for the thread on the barrel, it has been mentioned before in another KART EBR thread. It is 14 CW.

I don't have any KA M14 mags, so I wouldn't know. I heard they need a bit of modyfing to work and don't feed too well, but this is not first hand information.

Hi,

i also got a KART EBR from RSOV and already skirmed with it on Saturday so far no Problems regarding broken parts. Stock end position is a problem as it was already stated. But i have a problem with my HopUp, it has no effect at all even if i crank it up to the max.

I haven`t chronoed it yet but i think it`s about 33? to 35? fps. Also the thin metal part were the Handguard is screwed on will be replaced with something more sturdy maybe machined out of aluminum or so, that should make it possible to screw a rail onto the handguard an use a frontgrip on that attached rail.

And i do have one question has anyone disassembled it already cause i don`t know where to start ? I dont want to unscrew too much just to get the gearbox and the HopUp Barrel out of the chassis. Can anybody help me with that?

OK. If you just want to get the "gun" out of the chasis, its easy:

1) Trigger guard: pull it up and forward by 45º. Then simply pull it out.

2) Grip: maybe you have a plate at the bottom; take it out. Then unscrew the BIG hexscrew ant take away the grip.

3) Half covered by the grip, there was another (normal size) hexscrew; take it out too.

4) Pull off the whole stock system.

5) Upper chasis halve: there are 6 hexscrews, get them out.

6) Lower chasis halve (the big part): just behind (closer to the shooter) both siderails are two hexscrews (one on each side). Get rid of them.

7) SET THE FIRE SELECTOR (NOT THE SAFETY) FORWARD. THIS MAY AVOID BRAKING A VITAL PART WHEN PULLING THE WHOLE M14 ASSEMBLY OUT.

8) Carefully pull the gun assembly forward and up out of the chasis.

You are done.

If you want to get to the hop up, youll need to follow this guide:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...m14+disassembly

Update on a few things:

The 2 arms of the collapsible stocks have 2 hex screws on each arm. The one closer to the middle of the arm needs to be taken out in order for the stock to extend fully.

I have looked at pics of EBR and most stocks have 2 holes on each arm of the stock and only the hole on the end of the arm has a screw. So my fellow chinese labourers have put in one screw too many per arm. Just remove the screws and your stock will be "SAGE-spec".

Yes it`s Innerbarrel length is 469mm. But the outer diameter of the inner barrel is smaller than standard diameter so installing aftermarket precision barrels will be a problem. I already thought about buying a STAR M14 barrel at WGC, but I´m not sure if it would fit, but it should.

bye RM

I just installed a TM SOCOM barrel on the KART EBR and it fits without any problems. I also fitted a KM 6.04 innerbarrel and it fits without any problems. Hop up is identical to the AGM one btw.

Stock hopup and stock innerbarrel had teflon tape attached to them as well... just FYI.

Well i tried to fit a std. TM barrel into the EBR and ther was no chance to get the barrel into the outer barrel the diameter was just to small.

Have you just pulled the Kart inner barrel out and put the KM one in? Thats amazing because on mine ther was no way of fitting a Systema barrel.

Bye RM

Edited by reymon
Well i tried to fit a std. TM barrel into the EBR and ther was no chance to get the barrel into the outer barrel the diameter was just to small.

Have you just pulled the Kart inner barrel out and put the KM one in? Thats amazing because on mine ther was no way of fitting a Systema barrel.

Bye RM

No, I replaced my KART outer barrel with a TM SOCOM outer barrel and put a KM 6.04mm innerbarrel in that.

I tried putting the KM innerbarrel in the KART outer barrel, but there was no way of it fitting in there!

Sorry, should have made that more clear.