KART EBR

Nope,

Guarder version7 cut-off lever DOES NOT WORK in the KART EBR mecha. I am pretty sure about my mecha fiddling abilities too.

One of the cut-off levers, well umm lever is too short and it will not take contact to the err umm electricity contact thing.

It will install allright, but in my tryout the gun started to shoot full auto the minute I plugged the battery to the gun.

I asked the gun supplier Gunner airsoft, but no reply yet. Dammit!

Well, I still can skirmish with the EBR tho...

Cheers

-Hessu-

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found a sweet youtube review! <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2H5BcsMaXw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2H5BcsMaXw</a>

edit:

do you guys think this could have been it in testing stage?

Yeah nice review, the Echo 1 EBR is a rebranded Kart right?

Anyway, sent him a message and asked him if he had tried to upgrade it somehow. Hoping for a good answer.

Nope,

Guarder version7 cut-off lever DOES NOT WORK in the KART EBR mecha. I am pretty sure about my mecha fiddling abilities too.

One of the cut-off levers, well umm lever is too short and it will not take contact to the err umm electricity contact thing.

It will install allright, but in my tryout the gun started to shoot full auto the minute I plugged the battery to the gun.

Hmm. If it starts firing when you plug in the battery, that's not the cutoff lever. That sounds to me as if the contacts on the trigger switch are touching, or you have a short somewhere else that's closing the trigger contact circuit.

Thanks for the link Revenge Seeker. The review was very good, except for the shooting part. Wish he would've done more on range and commented on the accuracy. When it showed the view of the box close up while being fired upon, do you think that he was trying to shoot it in one place, because the shots were everywhere.

Hmm. If it starts firing when you plug in the battery, that's not the cutoff lever. That sounds to me as if the contacts on the trigger switch are touching, or you have a short somewhere else that's closing the trigger contact circuit.

Sorry dude, totally forgot one sentence from my earlier posting. Must be the coffee or something.

The cut-off lever went in nicely. I had to Dremel the KART outer part, which holds the cut-off lever and the contacts. Because that pivot point, which holds it in place is snug fit, when using this Guarder lever.

The cut-off lever needed some persuasion to work. When I say "work" it means that the fireselector did not move the cut off lever at all, even if I Dremeled the correct amount of crrap away.

Anyhoo, the lever which is supposed to move the contact thing, is too short in my opinion.

I´ll try it one more time some day.

The lever, which goes inside the mechabox, started to wear exactly the same way as the original, by the way... So much for steel, huh?

Cheers

-Hessu-

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody have any luck with the misfeeding problem yet? I've tried lubing the mags which seems to make it better but my echo1 ebr still misses the first shot always (semi or full auto) and about 8/10 shots dont fire on full auto. I use the two mags it came with and a mag that came with my agm m14. Is it the gun or the mags? Also anybody else have a problem with the little latch that allows you to move the cheek rest coming out very easily?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hi guys i am newbi to the site and airsoft i have just bought my first gun a kart ebr m66

my question is do the kings arms mags fit into this gun with the filing down mod

are there any other mags that fit this gun as i hate the hicap mag fed up of keep winding it up just wanna shoot and change mag rather than keep messing

i have done a search but cant find an definate answer to what mags fit

heres my gun

P3290012.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Gunner sent me the parts that brokeduring disassembly along with my last order, so Im fairly happy right now.

Im gonna try and shorten the inner and outer barrel, rewire (as mine sucks a bit), get a new EOtech and.... sell it! :D When my M249 arrives, Ill have 4 AEGs and 1 shotgun: my mum ain't gonna be happy.

I've had one for a short while and although it's well made, powerful and accurate (for the money) I don't like it. It's heavy, especially with a scope. The paint also falls off quite easily, I've had to do a repaint already.

If anyone fancies swapping stocks, just send me your standard M14 rifle stock and a small amount of cash and you can have all the kit to convert yours to EBR version.

PM me for details.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought one yesterday at Airsoft Atlanta. Its an Echo 1 but all Echo 1 does is rebrand the Kart. I took it home and charged the battery up and was all excited to fire it for the first time. the first bb when about 40 feet and then went straight up. I adjusted the hop-up and it did the same thing. When I used the poor man's chrono it maxed out at the bottom edge of the can putting it at about 450-480. Why is it going so fast? I did make sure it was a coke can and the barrell was 2 inched away with .20's. So the hop-up doesnt work at all cause I think its going too fast. Has anyone else had this problem with their echo 1/Kart?

• 5 months later...

I love this rifle a lot and i dont mind fixing some issues, but i have have a few customization doubts. Lets see these pictures.

ebrdoubts.jpg

Pic1:

Is it possible to add a rail and a vertical grip on the red area? How long would the rail have to be on the red highlighted area?

Pic2:

Same doubt as Pic1, i was wondering if i could skip a screw and hold he handguard with only the first 2 screws. How long would the rail have to be on the blue highlighted area?

I'm not worried about the weight, as i workout and have decently strong arms, but they are not long (since i am 1,68m) and the vert grip on the original bottom rail may be kinda far for my T-Rex amrs... :D

Or maybe does someone know if there are a hand guard with rails for it?

Pic3:

Is there a longer version of the rail inside the green circle? One that could get as close or even meet the rail inside the yellow circle?

Doubts concerning the internal:

If i decide to make it able to shoot accuratelly around 380-400 FPS on 0.2 BBs, what parts should i get?

Thanks in advance

PS: Does anyone know how good the NEW LIGHTWEIGHT VERSION is when compared to the first one?

Edited by Sgt.Crocodile