Guarder AKS-74U kit complete

I hate reading, as a child i found my self skipping pages and saying yes mother i read it all. Not today, every word and picture kept my eyes glued to the computer screen. That is probably, if not one of the best reviews on this very site.

Now the rifle part, i to dont find myself attracted to Ak's at all but that little beauty can wonder over into my hands any time it feels lonely. :wub:

I tend to agree with whitefeather, at least the part about the review being one of the best. I do enjoy to read in my spare time. :D

I really enjoyed reading that review arnie. Thank you very much for posting it and also thanks to the author.

Thanks for the comments, yeesh, best review on this site? flattery shall get you no where. As for where I found the suppressor, here you go:

http://rapidfire.targetweb.net/cgi-bin/sto...xm=on&ppinc=big

about a 130 dollars, but it interfaces perfectly with the threads, is solid 6061 aluminum, and looks fantastic.

Oh, very cool. Thank you very much! :D

And I love your review. Too in-depth... now I have to get one. :)

Oh... and one more question for Titleist... judging by the completed gun, do you think it'd be easy to put the kit together? I'm comfortable with putting together metal bodies and such, but do you think there is any "fitting" (ie. cutting, filing) required? (I haven't seen any other Guarder kits first-hand.) Would you recommend the completed gun or saving the extra money and fudging with it myself? Thanks!

Edited by evazerone

Great review.

However those threads.... if you look carefully there's a hole in the threads (look around the whole thing) inside that hole is a small 1mm allen grub screw... if you unscrew this you can unscrew the huge threads, revealing a standard -14mm thread... Well this is the case with the AKS74M, but i don't see why it would be different.

Great review.

However those threads.... if you look carefully there's a hole in the threads (look around the whole thing) inside that hole is a small 1mm allen grub screw... if you unscrew this you can unscrew the huge threads, revealing a standard -14mm thread... Well this is the case with the AKS74M, but i don't see why it would be different.

Unfortunately, It is different for the AKS-74U. although we still have that same 1mm allen grub screw, instead it only holds the entire front sight assembly attached to the barrel.

Yep, it's true, it's a different thread, it's 24x1.5mm, which is real steel dimension, which was the real pain in the *albatross* because I had to measure it first before ordering any accessories.

evazerone, I didn't put mine together but I know someone who did, and it may require just a minor bit of fitting, but it's nothing too hard. For the price I prefered to have Boom Arms make mine, because with no spare parts available I really didn't want to screw it up, but if you can handle a file, an allen wrench and a screwdriver, you should be fine.

Not a problem, I'm sorry I had to show off my guarder AK and sadly brainwash more innocent victims into buying one of these.

Guarder will return in "The Galil who loved me", sorry sorry, bad bond humor there. Yeah I'd say a Galil SAR is next on my list of guns to buy. I've slowed down in my purchasing over the years, now I just buy more expensive stuff.