MGC 1911

alyaspogi

But just because its old doesnt mean it isnt good. In fact the fact that they still work after 10 years means they're pretty well-made, althought I can't judge their performance because I've never owned one. The biggest disadvantage I can see from this is that if their gbb system is different from TM, aftermarket parts are going to be pretty hard to find.

That looks like the exact same model as my old weiland caspian by MGC, in fact I'm certain it is but without the same trade marks. There is a possibility that that is a tanio koba cyber gun as he does do work with them and since he created the original MGC version it is probably is that model.

ANYWAY, Assuming it is that model (having owned it) I can say that the model comes with fixed hop-up, reasonable range and is solidly built . As it was one of MGC's later models it did have hop-up which was clearly indicated on the box. It came in 4 flavours I think....

1. black HW

2. super .38

3. some uber compensated version with a top rail thingy

4. and silver

The material build was HW but seems different than modern HW material and best of all the MAGAZINE was absolutely gorgeous! fully inclosed with a stainless steel shell which looked very realistic......nice.

Powerwise, I never chronoed it but I'd say it was in the region of 240-260fps and I think the mag held around 15 to 20 bb's.

charlie cloud know more about these MGC's than I do.

cheers

dan

# MGC 1911 Gas Blowback Pistol - made in Japan

# 9mm double stack style model

# Full sized heavyweight pistol, metal frame

# Old-skool shootin' GBB, solid gun - solid mag

# 200 FPS HFC134a japanese gas, .20 BB, 300 FPS Green Gas (HFC22)

these are the specs as stated in the website and the price is only $89.99usd

kinda cheep especially its made by MGC and said that it has lower metal frame.....i wanna buy it but i guess after market parts are very scarce on this model.........

Thats a 2011, look at the frame. Very interesting?

Edit: Posted same time as above. Their will be no aftermarket parts for this gun. I is really a collector's piece. If it wasn't for the VCR Enactment on Monday and that Red Muzzle i'd be all over that.

If it's a new manufacture, it's under the New MGC banner, the company that they reformed under. It looks exactly like the original gun, which really could only take 134A. Otherwise, they always crack the frame just beneath the left thumb safety. The outer barrels also always come loose as they are not threaded on, but rather secured to the inner barrel by a hex screw. Looks pretty, but not really skirmishable.

Yeah it's exactly the same as my old model with the 9 mm trades although I was sure there was more writing on it. My friend now has this gun so it's not like I have not seen it for a while.

The material looks exactly the same as my old version and I can say without a shadow of a doubt that the lower frame IS NOT METAL! The most obvious way to be able to tell this for someone who doesn't have the gun is that the lower frame material and the slide are obviously made of exactly the same stuff.

It's true that they prefer 134A and that the barrels aren't threaded.

It really ###### me off when airsoft websites make bold claims (such as metal lower frame) when they are speaking utter ###### and haven't even bothered to look at their own stock and would rather make wild assumptions. Often, all that results in is a very annoyed customer either bending over and taking it or demanding their money back. :angry:

Sorry for the mini rant - but I like websites to display accurate information or not bother. I am allowed to be wrong because I am not selling anything but in this case I am 100% right. The lower frame is definitely heavy weight material but is nowhere near as strong as the crappest diecast zinc pot metal. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Dan ;)

Thats a 2011, look at the frame. Very interesting?

Edit: Posted same time as above. Their will be no aftermarket parts for this gun. I is really a collector's piece. If it wasn't for the VCR Enactment on Monday and that Red Muzzle i'd be all over that.

just because it has a square triggerguard, doesnt mean it is a 2011

STI makes 1911 frames with that square guard

there are also aftermarket bits that square a curved guard

looks like a single stacked 1911 to me, but not a traditional style

I can't remember whether it was single or double, I think double because it felt more like a para - ordnance in the hand than a normal 1911. Even as a double stacker it would be still thinner than a SV/STI as the model is a 9mm and not a 45 cal.

The mag was thinner than a SV mag and I think thicker than a 1911.

What's the shape of the trigger guard got to do with it?

It is a 2011 because it uses a wide frame and a double stack magazine. Look at the area around the slide release and the safety lever, the frame swells out around them.

As Pawno said it is some kind of hybrid design, similar to the Para Ordnance which was the original wide body conversion available as a kit for 1911's.

Check your fact's before you try to correct other's mate. :D

Edited because I cant type worth *beep*!

That slide release looks awfully small to take the pressure from green gas slamming the slide back. I'm not sure I'd shoot it with more than 134 at all.

I can't be sure, but from the look of the magazine baseplate, it appears to be a "single stack" although the way they shapped the grip frame says Hi-Cappa. Interesting mystery here.

It does appear to be the MGC, which would make it kind of a collectors piece (although the red paint really screws up the look) and parts replacement would be difficult if not impossible.

I will state, however, that it is a nice looking 1911.

One other note regarding actual 1911's, no matter what caliber they are (the single stackers especially) the frames are exactly the same (except for the Gold Cups which had some extra cuts in the trigger area for the wider target trigger). The actual differences are the magazine, breech face of the slide, the ejector, extractor, firing pin, mainspring, barrel bushing and barrel.

I used to shoot IPSC and several times went from major (.45 acp) to minor (9mm) with very little effort.

It is a 2011 because it uses a wide frame and a double stack magazine. Look at the area around the slide release and the safety lever, the frame swells out around them.

Usually 2011s refer to the modular design, where there is a metal frame coupled with a plastic/synthetic lower grip. Para Ordinances are not referred to as 2011s. In fact 2011 is a trade marked aspect of the STI line, thought STI and SVI share the patent on the design itself.

Dear god how many times to some people have to be told. THIS IS A DOUBLE STACK 2011 DESIGN!

Look at the line under the slide release where the frame is cut away to accept the slide release. ON a 1911 this wouldn't be needed as the frame wouldn't be wider.

Look at the contour of the rear of the frame around the grip safety. Again clearly a wide frame smoothed down to the grip safety. All 1911/2011's use the same grip safeties, ish.

Look at the thickness of the grip strap by the mainspring housing, again clearly deeper than the single stacker's.

Look at the checkered panel on the frontstrap of the grip, you can see a panel about the same size as on a 1911, but of course this is a 2d picture your only seeing half of it.

Look at the contour around the bottom of the grip, again clearly a lot wider than a 1911.

Finally , look at the bloody ad on Airsoft Atlanta;

MGC 1911 Gas Blowback Pistol - made in Japan

9mm double stack style model

Full sized heavyweight pistol, metal frame

Old-skool shootin' GBB, solid gun - solid mag

200 FPS HFC134a japanese gas, .20 BB, 300 FPS Green Gas (HFC22)

Can use the propane adapter to subsitute for green gas

They say it is a double stack model, even if the pillocks do then say it is full metal.

Edited because I can't type worth *beep*

Time to stick my two pennith in! - I have both these pistols boxed with manuals.

Firstly they are HW abs - not metal frames. MGC put a lot of metal particles in the mix which adds to weight and the cold feel of the material. They are closed ejection port models and should only be used with 134A unless you want to wreck them.

They were called "wide bodied " in the sales brochures, the mags are - 20 rnd double stack mags. The model shown is the Springfield 5" weight 950g with fixed hop. The compensated model is a Caspian Weigand Custom with a superspin barrel (read light rifling) full length barrel and weighs 1120g. Power is about right with Dan's (Pawno) findings.

For collectors only really, if you are offered one - remember to cock the hammer before you try to load the mag or you will bust the firing pin if you try and slam home the mag with the hammer in the down position.

Build quality and fit is as good as it gets anywhere!

Will post some pics later if anybody wants to see them

keep in mind that the Caspian Weigand Custom came in two versions (at from what I remember owning) .the metal framed limited and the HW model. The HW model was typical MGC quality. . ABS with metal powders mixed in. .just like the MGC P7M13 HWs. These frames were all black, just like the 9mm shown in Airsoft Atlanta's site.

The Weigand Custom I owned, came with a charcoal gray frame (HW version was black). .it was indeed a metal frame . in fact there were areas where I could specifically identify that it was a die cast part and not the typical MGC HW material which is injection molded. Everything except the slide was metal and came with the std cyclone barrel like the MGC P7 Shumacher did.

However, power was pretty insane on green gas. You're talking almost comparable with the WA Prokiller(original Magna R-type gray grip and w/ silencer) and WA Speedcomp series. . these are shooting through both sides of a can.. .easily and easily through the bottom of a can. The Caspian Weigand did the same.

So 200 fps is an understatement of what it can do.

Archived