KSC MK23

alyaspogi

No - the recoil spring isn't the same. The pre-2005's have two part spring and the correct style recoil rod (to dampen kick), the later ones have a straight rod and single spring because ignorant airsofters moaned it didn't have a faster enough kick before :D

Cheers

So I take it that you are a fan of the older buffer style recoil gude.

After upgraded you can make them relatively equal in cyclic speed BUT the older style will have less "harsh" recoil it doesn't have the bottom out feeling in comparison to the '05. :P

So I take it that you are a fan of the older buffer style recoil gude.

After upgraded you can make them relatively equal in cyclic speed BUT the older style will have less "harsh" recoil it doesn't have the bottom out feeling in comparison to the '05.   :P

Absolutely, which is what H&K intended :)

The hammer spring's the same on the guns - Aside from the recoil rod/spring design and the internals of the blowback units they're exactly the same techincally - My pre-05 Hardkick has a 2005 'engine', but I don't believe it makes any difference

The newer mags are supposed to have more capacity, too, but that's not the gun :)

Cheers.

Snowman-

I should still have a couple older style guide rods, wanna trade? LoL!

My Pre-05 to 05 had a difference in cyclic rate after the metal slide was installed as the plastic HW was heavier thant the CNC SD slide, the 05 engine was most noticable once the slide was swapped and the Recoil spring tension was substantially increased.

Snowman-

I should still have a couple older style guide rods, wanna trade? LoL!

My Pre-05 to 05 had a difference in cyclic rate after the metal slide was installed as the plastic HW was heavier thant the CNC SD slide, the 05 engine was most noticable once the slide was swapped and the Recoil spring tension was substantially increased.

Don't think I have a post-05 guide rod - Went with the 05 ABS gun I fitted with an SD Phase 2 slide (never really warmed to that combination).

Cheers.

Archived