VSR hop for Tanaka M700 series

8zero8

Order came in. Here is what's supplied in the hop conversion. setia6.th.jpg

1. End cap (black), apparently specific for the M700.

2. Bucking chamber (anodized red)

3. Nozzle and nozzle set (jig)

4. Rectangular piece used to apply preasure on the hop bucking

This was installed in my personal Tanaka LTR, brand new condition, stock. The end cap will not be able to fit the LTR's stock outer barrel as it is shorter and tapers earlier compared to the the M700. Everything is pretty straight forward. The only pieces you reuse are the plastic chamber and barrel stablizer.

I can not accurately range the shots as it's dusk and light winds where I test. Possibly this weekend I will post pictures and actual results of shots measured with a range finder. For people the people that MUST have numbers NOW:

Fence, 80-85 yards

134 Abbey gas, outside temp 80F

Marui .25 bbs

PDI full length 554mm 01 barrel

These hop units are imported directly from 2roy.com. Please feel free to PM or email with questions of availability or anything else you may want to know. I do have units on hand ready to ship from Hawaii, USA.

Marcus

marcusyo@gmail.com

AIM: kzr65

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've done many deals with this seller in the past both through shipping while i am in california and through local pickups. On a few occasions i have even met this seller in person on the field and he is an honorable player. this guy is a really reputable seller with innovative things to offer. He knows a quite a bit about tuning for range, and accuracy and can make even a low fps gun perform better than higher fps guns that rely on power for range.

despite his low post count, he has done countless deals with either me, my team, or my friends in the community. Everyone i've talked to would give 8zero8 positive feedback.

i highly recommend and if i had an m700 i'd buy this in a heartbeat.

good luck with your sale 8zero8.

More pictures added.

Huge change in nozzle depth using the new packing. PAX supplies each unit with it's own extended nozzle which does not taper to restrict flow. If someone can confirm that the restricted nozzles taper, then this (PAX unit) will free up FPS.

nozzledepthof7.th.jpg

Oh yeah, it's in there....

newhopunitcf4.th.jpg

puINsai!

punsaijl5.th.jpg

More pictures added. 

Huge change in nozzle depth using the new packing.  PAX supplies each unit with it's own extended nozzle which does not taper to restrict flow.  If someone can confirm that the restricted nozzles taper, then this (PAX unit) will free up FPS.

the restricted nozzles just have a brass washer pressed into them

well i got mine today, havent installed it yet but ill tell of the results once i do.

I have an LTR too, are you sure about not using the black piece?

Yes, I got an email back saying they purposely made the new end camp longer in length to accept the 554mm vsr barrel which would be slightly shorter than the stock barrel. This is for the M700 barrel and ones similar. The LTR has a different size outer barrel ____4.jpg

well its 510mm which is about 2" shorter than the 554mm VSR barrel, but since they are all the same in the part where they connect to the hop up and everything (im using a dees customs M16 barrel, just so you know) shouldnt everything be the same?

edit: you shove it inside your outer barrel to provide barrel stability right?

or is its purpose just to be like a barrel extender for the VSR barrel?

well its 510mm which is about 2" shorter than the 554mm VSR barrel, but since they are all the same in the part where they connect to the hop up and everything (im using a dees customs M16 barrel, just so you know) shouldnt everything be the same?

edit: you shove it inside your outer barrel to provide barrel stability right?

or is its purpose just to be like a barrel extender for the VSR barrel?

You might be able to use the stock end cap. It will accept maybe 3/4 of an inch of the inner barrel if the outer diameter is the same as the VSR. Both end caps, stock and PAX, are used as barrel stabilizers. I am working on cutting the barrel so I could use the stock end cap.

im suprised that we havn't heard any results yet, seeing as how many people have recieved them

looks like ill be the first when i recieve mine in a couple of days  :)

Shoots like a VSR with a fraction of the effort.

I didn't post anything else because all I did was shoot it down my street into the neighbor's yard. That's why I gave the estimate in the first post of this thread.

got mine today, the new barrel end doesnt fit the fluted M24 barrel thats for sure going to have it machined down to fit.

the stock barrel end stops before this big lip

http://mi7.snappyupload.net/barrel.jpg

and because the new long barrel end is the same thickness as the stock one but alot longer, the lip (red arrow) stops the new barrel end from going all the way in to the barrel

i tried to grind it down to thickness but didnt have much luck, barely removed any material, im going to have it machined down properly.

http://mi7.snappyupload.net/barrel%20ends.jpg

but yea, doesn't fit the fluted M24 barrel not sure about the standard M24 barrel, not to happy i must say..

the 555mm VSR barrel doesn't reach the stock barrel end, to avoid this problem the best bet is to probably have a vsr barrel made to M24 length and use the stock barrel end, i don't know if dees does that.

another thing you could do is drill the lip out to make it a larger hole to fit the new barrel end

Dees will make a barrel of any length :)

I've got the G&G shorty outer barrel so i want to work out exactly how long i'm going to need it to be since the outer barrel doesn't correspond to any stock barrel lengths.

Does this hop hold the barrel any more forward of back compared to a normal Tanaka hop? Reason for asking is to try to work out what length to ask for for a Dees Custom barrel :) Cheers

Tome

[/quote

The new hop put the hop bucking further into the chamber. A considerable distance as PAX supplies each kit with a new nozzle.

Archived