VSR hop for Tanaka M700 series

8zero8

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're sure the nozzle is straight as "straight" can be, then your mag is not sitting perfect. I would just uninstall and reset the nozzle. Most likely the nozzle is not straight since it's longer and the slightest angle it sits off of the bolt will cause the chamber end to be off.

The only problem I have cycling is when it comes to the last bb in the mag. The follower is a little too steep to let the nozzle ramp into the chamber. Not a big problem as the follower can be filed down.

I've installed a Pax hop and noticed something quite annoying.

Because the new nozzle is so wide (to make a good seal between the hop packing) unless I angle the nozzle slightly to the right, it will hit the back of the magazine's left lip. Does anyone else have trouble with cycling the bolt?

I had a shoot with it in game yesterday but it was far too windy so no useful results as at all :(

Thank 8zero8, i'll dismantle the whole rifle and see if the alignments are correct. From what i can tell the nozzle will only fit smoothly into the mag lips if it is angled to the right. I know that it is off straight because it now slightly interferes with the side of the hop housing when it slides in. How would i change how the mag sits in the magwell?

I shot a few groups with my Pax equipped AICS over 7 meters with FF 555mm 6.03 tightbore, KM RH55 rubber, hop on, approx 400fps. The bbs used were KSC perfect .30.

TBH the consistency is pretty poor, in that it seems very sensitive to fliers. I get a very nice tight group of 20-25mm and in the 10 shots i'll have at least two fliers that are approx 20-30mm away from the main group. I'm pretty sure it's not the bbs since i used to get a single 25-30mm group with 10 bbs with the stock AICS hop and standard barrel.

Maybe something isn't sitting quite right because others in the thread have reported fantastic performance. I'll rebuild it and report back :)

tome after reading your original post i decided to install the nozzle even though i still don't have my barrel and bucking and in my AICS it didn't interfere with the magazine at all. so it must be your rifle.

Thanks mate! It's probably just something simple that's out of place then. I'll have a look at it again tonight :)

took it all apart and still can't figure out why it's to the left :( reinstalled the nozzle and loading is ok now so i'm not bothered :)

I have another question though that i hope you other pax users can help me with. When i push the bolt forward, as i close it by pulling the lever down it pushes the inner barrel forward about 1mm!! Has anyone else noticed this on their rifle? Would someone be able to do a quick check for me?

I'm using a KM RH55 rubber.

Cheers

I'm actually using a g&g barrel that doesn't use an end cap. I noticed the barrel moving because the inner protrudes from the outer so i could see it moving.

In a normal Pax setup, is the barrel held in place by the end cap so that it can't move forward when you close the bolt? This seems odd because when i try to push the barrel back with my thumb there's no movement at all. Almost as if the nozzle is actually in contact with the inner barrel.

I'm pretty sure that i have installed the nozzle as far in as I can.

The end cap has a rubber O-ring inside that holds the barrel in place. With your set up the only thing holding the barrel in the chamber is the hop actuator so it will move until it hits ether the front or the back of the cut out in the barrel if that makes sense.

Try rapping just enough tape around the inner barrel so that you can still get the outer on but the tape will hold the inner in place if you get my drift.

took it all apart and still can't figure out why it's to the left :( reinstalled the nozzle and loading is ok now so i'm not bothered :)

I have another question though that i hope you other pax users can help me with. When i push the bolt forward, as i close it by pulling the lever down it pushes the inner barrel forward about 1mm!! Has anyone else noticed this on their rifle? Would someone be able to do a quick check for me?

I'm using a KM RH55 rubber.

Cheers

I did have the barrel move slightly after the bolt was cocked down. Shoots fine though.

I'll measure it when i get my Nineball/stock TM rubber to test. I found that the RH55 combo did not work all that well in my setup so i've taken it apart and put the stock one back in. i'm one of the lucky one who got a stock hop that works well, so don't worry the PAX hop isn't awful :)

ok, cool. when you measure though, can you measure before and after installing the pax unit? cause i will be using a different outer barrel, so i need to find what length inner to use for it when using the pax.

ah, never mind. reading through the thread again i saw that you are using a g&g short barrel. i will be using the same barrel :P, so let me know what barrel length you will be using :)

by the way, i cant find any measurements, but from looking at pics of the short type barrel, it looks to be about 435mm, and the point from the indentations on the silencer mount to the end of the barrel looks to be about 125mm. is this accurate?

The KJW M700 uses a VSR-compatible barrel and hop-up bucking as stock.

and the KHW m700 hopup blows harder than a hollywood hooker giving a ###### to a shopvac on the event horizon of a black hole.

The question was if the hop was compatable with the KJW not what the KJW uses stock.

Scithe - I'll give it a measure when i get back home :)

Pedro - I'm not sure why it performed badly but from some discussion with fal we think that it's either too soft or it just doesn't deal well with the lube from green gas. Obviously i know that the lube doesn't do any hop rubber any good, but TBH most people will be using green gas so if there's one out there that handles it better then i'm certainly going for it.

My next packing will be the TM stock packing. Supposedly this is a little harder than the RH55 and since it's also used in TM pistols i'd hope they used a material with silicone lube in mind :) nineball might also be an option as that's what's pictured in the pax page.

I don't know if you can tell in the pics on the first page but the hop actuator is just a simple rectangle of metal, so unfortunately no dual points of contact.

You're right in saying that all this does is allow Tanakas to use VSR packing and barrel. However, since the actuator is just a small peice of metal it would be very easy to fashion another one that has any shape you wish in contact with the packing :) You could even measure the dimensions of the TM actuator and file the Pax one to suit. I would be a little concerned as to how stable that would be seeing as the actuator is free floating (a bit like a normal hop nub) but we'll not know til someone tries it :)

The problem I see there is that if you're off by a fraction of a millimeter in your filing, your shots are also going to be off. It has to be perfectly centered. I don't have access to machine tools that are that precise for little tiny pieces of metal. So perhaps it's not that easy...

Archived