'Bestist' springer pistol

wally squad

Have had a couple of pistols in past-aep and gbb, both fun but hardly ever used them in anger so sold them on, but having played a couple of games lately I have missed just having a pistol on me :(

Don't really want the expense/maintenance of a gbb/aep so was wondering if anyone had a good recommendation for a springer. (have had a search but nothing definitive)

The only one I'm not keen on is a desert eagle because of the size of the beast.

Thanks for the help

d

I'd personally go for the TM Hop-Up series as they are simply unrivalled in terms of accuracy and "smoothness" in my opinion. I would recommend the following:

1. TM M9 (the easiest to cock and use all-round IMO)

2. TM Mk23 SOCOM (Good balance of power and accuracy, but size may be a consideration)

3. TM GLock 17/17L (the hardest to cock, but seems to be the most powerful)

4. TM P7M13 (nice grip-safety feature and good concealability, but slightly less powerful and accurate than other full-size pistols)

Hope this helps

kwc S&W 1911 ultragrade. i got one a while back, and i have to say that it is the most solid spring pistol i have ever held. it is more solid and better feeling even than some full metal gas guns. it is also extremely accurate, has good hop (dont think it can rival maruis, but it is able to get about 100ft distance at 260fps.)

A lot of people recommend the KWC DE but personally I don't think it lives up to the hype. It's heavy and made of good material but it doesn't fire very hard or straight. Mine chronos at around 150 FPS which is decent but not high for a springer.

TM and KWC make the best springers in my opinion but their performance will vary from pistol to pistol. My recommendations:

TM P226 - Shoots around 150-180 and is pretty accurate at range due to its hop up

KWC Berettas - Shoots 180-230 and is extremely accurate at closer range, but not at longer ranges due to its lack of a hop up

KWC Delta Elite - Shoots around 180-230 and has some range due to its hop up but tends to overhop at closer ranges.

One a hear is really good but haven't tried myself is the TM PC356.

Snowman over at Just Pistols has a ton of springer reviews which will give you a better idea of what is good and what is not.

I've heard that the TM MK23 springer's pretty good. Have to agree with the marui Glocks too. Another KWC one which was quite good (can't remember what it chronoed at when i went to Spectre, but they seemed impressed) was the KWC Colt M1991-A1 springer (only thing that let it down for me was the horrible wafer thin magazines.)

The KWC S&W 1911 has absolutely incredible externals. Too bad I couldn't shoot it...

I have a TM USP, with .2s it overhops enough that it will be kind of hard to hit someone past 40 feet. With .25s it seems pretty decent, I'd say it's probably effective to around 100 feet. A few weeks ago it chronoed at 211 with .2s. The externals look great, and if it was a bit more solid, would probably feel great too. However, there is enough creak and flex that it really doesn't give the feeling of holding a gun.

KWC P228 or 6. Cheap, mags are everywhere, and relatively solid. I also have a UHC M1911 I bought for shooting bugs :P and it's pretty neat actually. Pretty lame on the finish, but there are metal parts (trigger, hammer and slide release I believe). Shoots hard, not exactly accurate, but the chamber opens. But the TM HK P7, that just looks so awesome (Die Hard).

TM Glock 17 is without a doubt the best I ever had. Cheap enough at £25 but very solid and feels great. Just because it's a springer, TM haven't scrimped on quality at all.

Even after owning very expensive models, I always miss that thing. Oh how I wish I'd got one before the 1st!

Actually, while TM's are certainly good, the latest batch of springers from KWC far surpass them in performance, build materials and features.

I own most of the TM's already notied in this topic and can state for a fact, that the KWC/Cybergun Taurus 24/7 and the KWC Sig SP2022 are better.

They come with many internal metal parts as well as a metal internal frame. They are heavier, slide stops work, full trades, field strip as the real steel, white dot sights and the BAX hop-up system that is much better than the TM hop-up. Range, accuracy and power are better and these "smaller pistols" equal (even surpass) the performance of the TM Mk23.

TM's are definately good, but they are no longer the premiere maker of springers and have fallen to a distant second to KWC.

Archived