WE 1911 and ABS slide

krame

So, I decided to buy a WE M1911. I like the gun a lot except for the fact that I can barely get 10 rounds off of one charge of gas. I was looking for an inexpensive trademarked slide that would work when I came across this, http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=8051. Would the TM M1911 abs slide actually increase performance on the WE and will the weight be affected a lot?

Don't think the TM 1911 slide would work with the WE, due to different manufacturing tolerances etc.

I base this on my experience with fitting a WA Para-1911 ABS slide to a KJW Para-1911 (basically a clone of the WA); the slide went on the rails fine, but it was such a loose fit that it wobbled everwhere and misfired quite alot of the time.

The WE slide definately fits on an TM - they sell the metal slides seperately as an upgrade for TM owners.

I've had quick look at the TM slide I have knocking around and it seems to mate up ok with the frame of my WEs but the TM I have was a donor for another gun and stripped down so I don't know how well it would fit if properly assembled.

An ABS slide would be lighter but it kinda defeats the object of having a full metal gun. I'm not sure your problem is the slide though - both of my WE 1911s easily fire more than a full mag from one refill so your gun might just need lubing or the mags might be faulty.

I've actually just got a TM1911 slide for experimenting with my WE1911. Much to my dismay, the fit is so tight that any benefit from the light weight is completely cancelled out by the slide refusing to return to battery cleanly and consistently.

Archived