the best parts of airsoft

he's in the bushes!!!

ok past few posts that have been up here have been about the most iritating parts of airsoft one post was even titled "the worst parts of airsoft"

i think we should remind ourselves of just how awesome our sport is so lets discuss the BEST parts of airsoft for a change and stop whining about people who dont call hits and dead men talking

i think my fave part is either

getting home at the end of the day covered in mud s*** p*** and iron brew bleeding from falling through brables, welts from point blank shots on your neck and dripping in sweat totally exhausted then finally kicking off the boots taking a shower and spending the rest of the night semi asleep on the couch with a brew

or..

that long range shot that you line up at the bloke who thinks he's out of range you watch the bb exit the barrel... you watch the wind catch it and turn it 1st left then right... you watch the bloke jump up out of his trench to try and out run it... then finally you watch your bb chase him like a guided misslie before fianly coliding with the back of his neck pricless :D

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think my favorite part of airsofting is being able to mod Real stuff onto your gun. Then the shots that are always fun is where your hidden and then someone walks right by you, you wait and 1 shot, BAM. Those are my favorite, plus being with really cool people out at the field.

-Josh

i've gotta add another one in here

watching the new guy trying to impress his team mates by making a dash for the flag that has 30 AEG's pointed at it then giggling like a little schoolgirl as he vanishes in a hail of white plastic :D

or watching the over keen wannabe rambo yell "lets go get em" before charging forward and then dropping like a sack of spuds when he takes a well placed round to the neck by an opposing sniper (yes mike we all saw that you numpty :P )

From my limited experance so far ;)

1) Sniping the guy thats held everybody up for 5 mins and picking your shot through the smallest of gaps between trees / branches and leaves with the satisfiying thepwack (taken from batman) as it hit's him in the head followed by a raised and rushed HITTTTT !!

then................. nice shot mate from those around.

2) Also in the quckest game every managing to fire of only 4 shots with 2 kills....... (yes I'm a tight *albatross*, why waste shots).

3) When you find you can't bloody walk the following two days cause you've done no fitness for far too long - it reminds you, you we're once young too.

:)

Emerging from the bushes right behind a bunch of guys on the other team... and they have no idea you're there. B)

Night games generally. Being a sneaky little wotsit helps there.

Clearing a building with a perfect run- grenades go in the right places, timing on your breaching is perfect, you go into a room with two other guys in it and shoot both of them before they even had a chance to raise their guns- just that feeling you get when you're on top form and you know it.

Teamwork as well, when everything clicks- Me with two teammates pinning down (and picking off most of) a group of eight or nine guys for almost twenty minutes has to rank up there, as does any well-executed and timely flanking maneuver.

Any fast-paced game which gets your blood up, especially when there are plenty of opportunities to do well for yourself, I'm guaranteed to love. Assaulting buildings (especially once I get inside them) is one of my favourite things ever.

Knife or "tag" kills, too- I know some people don't approve of them or don't like them, but personally I love them. Great kudos to anyone who tags me (think it's been done once that I recall). I just think that getting that close when everyone has a gun deserves some kind of recognition.

Following the knife kill, at the site i play... We're not allowed to do knife kills for more than 1 person at 1 time- also called the "Bang" rule. " You can't Bang more than 1 person at the same time!" (we're talking about airsoft).

So when you're sneaking behind a group of people trying to do a room clear by a window. Taking them all out, each with 1 precision shot each in the chest or leg.

Hearing 3 or more saying "HIT!" one after the other..... Awesome !!!!

I love the feeling of being out gunned and pinned down. Your heart pumping in your throat, calling in for support over the radio....

** Bravo 1. 4. to all Bravo 2 team. I'm pinned down in sector 3. Six tangos sighted. 50 meters and closing. REQUEST SUPPORT !!!!! **

LOL! That kinda thing realy lets you know you're alive. You can't get that "How the hell am I gonna survive this?" feling from playing golf .

Airsoft FTW !!!!!!!

Eggy

The best kicks come from games where you carry all your equipment and necessary stuff in a rucksack, with the game itself lasting without pauses at least overnight. To do recon patrols and locate enemy patrols and bases, even lying at the same spot for hours to not be spotted. The best parts are if you and your patrol buddies manage to ambush the whole base and wipe them all out with a few long bursts. God all that paranoia and excitement offer something no single CQB adrenaline rush can provide. :P

Letting your entire side rush forward during games, and calmly surprising those who are smart enough to flank...

Sending a distraction device into a packed room and hearing the cursing before taking the room

mistaking the oppositions assault for a diversion and getting pasted.

watching BF2 and CSS players play airsoft for the first time and getting pasted when they find out bunnyhopping or dolphin diving does not work...

sitting around having a brew while in regen just watching the action.

the games that lasts for aaaaaaaages where you end up with just one half empty mag and a pistol with 3 shots and 1 grenade then the marshall calles out "last ten min dead is dead!" and it kicks off big time as both teams desperatly try to break the stale mate even though both are low on ammo and shattered

and the 2nd best part of that game is sitting in the safezone after the match as finished when you hear the marshall yell "food's up"

Just the feeling of holding a gun and liking it. Now when theres 20 of you holding youre guns, firing them, and liking it as well, thats just awesome.

Oh and I cant help but smile whenever we get a distress call on the radio, exactly like someone said earlier: "Alpha to Bravo, need reinforcement in sector 2, tangos closing in. Over and out."

then hearing the rugged voice of the suad leader: " Alright, lets move out and give Alpha some support."

:wub:

Also when everyone does a Stalingrad style charge, amazingly effective at times but ushally just a funny failure. I think people should drop to the ground when they die instead of turing around and walking off, or just dropping down for a minute or so.

Archived