the best parts of airsoft

he's in the bushes!!!

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just thought of another...

That moment when, after holding a position with far too few men for far too long, you see the rest of your team pop up from their flanking positions and start spraying the attackers. It's that moment when an unwinnable battle becomes something winnable and it makes me smile every time...

The first kill with a new gun

Mad charges with dual pistols

Going on solo sneaking missions deep behind enemy lines armed only with a pistol or two

Getting kills on said missions

Getting kills with silenced pistols, even better when you take out 3-4 people from a group before they notice where you are

Getting cornered in a building on your own and knowing its only a matter of time before you get caught

Causing the enemy to shoot at each other while your in buildings and wiping out half their team in the process

Meeting strange and interesting people who like to shoot each other on the weekends

well its gotta be my mate riding on my back piggy back style against the enemy team while flailing the 'tactical mallet of doom' and a glock 18c extended mag while shouting 'hit it chewie' 'yarrrghhhhh'

Things like that being normal

Hrmm-for me it would have to be waiting for that package to come in the mail, then running back to my room, tearing open the package, and gazing upon my newest airsoft gun. Then lifting it out and fondling it like a woman's.....well, you know.

My favorite part of the hobby however, is just the collecting aspect of it. I don't know-I have a weird thing for guns and collecting. Maybe that's why I've had 9 pistols and 3 AEG's.

At Urban Assualt, watching about 1/3 of the enemy team approach the building my team ( 8 of us anyway) was holding, without knowing we were there. Then letting them get into a patch of open ground, far enough away that we still have range on them, but not far enough away that its gonna be easy to run back to cover. Then screaming let em have it and jumping up to the top floor windows, then watching two of them actually fall over in their haste to get away, before getting hit... Reminds me of the bit in Band Of Brothers, in Carentan when they spray the retreating Fallschirmjager with the .30

Firing one shot - watching your target smugly duck, and then pop up to take your second shot in his face!

Hitting someone through a tiny gap in their cover.

The paranoia and tension of a long-sneak into enemy territory, moving slowly with 6 guys you don't know but who know exactly what to do alongside you. Hand signals and covering each other.

Watching an in-range enemy and letting them live while you sneak by, after bigger fish.

Getting right up to a building or fortification filled with unwitting defenders and being able to hear their relaxed conversation - right before emptying two auto glocks with 100 round mags :D:D

Anytime you're f*cked and you see the damage of the BBs flying at you - snow and dirt flying up, bark bursting off trees, leaves above you being shredded. Nothing like preparing for their final attack with your face covered in tiny shards of leaves from their fire.

Getting out 2 "Supersofters" with a Revolver

Pistol games in a 3/5 scale village (you feel like a giant)

"War" stories

Coming back from a firefight (plastifight? airfight?) unscathed

Revolver duels

Dual Pistols

Dual SMGs

Dual G3s

People you don't know on the field gawking at your gun

Going to a convention, getting your gun tagged, only to have the man in charge yelling at you for bringing in a "real" gun. Then he finds out it's airsoft (bit of a mixed blessing)

Having the coolest gun ever. and then getting a cooler one.

* Sneaking behind an enemy and notice he doenst see you until you scream and shoot at the same time,

* Making other people angry when doin and "russian dance" and they don't hit you.

* jumping behind a corner when under fire from the enemy, when they stop firing and start to reload you go back and showing your *albatross* ans say "SPANK ME".

* Making other people on angry/ on their nerves at Airsoft games

* Making acrobatics in an airsoft game. ( and you don't get hit of course)

* flanking and killan a whole team 3-10 players with a grenade

* Sneaking behind an enemy and notice he doenst see you until you scream and shoot at the same time,

* Making other people angry when doin and "russian dance" and they don't hit you.

* jumping behind a corner when under fire from the enemy, when they stop firing and start to reload you go back and showing your *albatross* ans say "SPANK ME".

* Making other people on angry/ on their nerves at Airsoft games

* Making acrobatics in an airsoft game. ( and you don't get hit of course)

* flanking and killan a whole team 3-10 players with a grenade

ok...he said it all ;)

The first kill with a new gun

definately :rifle:

almost forgot

getting an enemy with a gbb pistol at a range he thinks is too great, as he stands in the open mocking u, and *crack* it hits him in the face, and he recoils in shock.....

That waiting right before you pop out at somone who cant see you from a few feet away.

I love that feeling, especially last game when the other team is obviously better and have won every other game. makes you feel like the day was worth getting hammered just to crawl slightly out to the side of him, whisper hey, so he looks without turning his whole body, then single shot to the chest. Works amazingly well with woodland improvised bunkers, where your dpm makes you blend in better than arnie in predator :P

Spending half an hour stufffing ferns into a webtex concealment vest, spend the rest of the day not being seen, being ridiculed, being called an ent, but making my kill to death ratio fairly admirable.

For me the best part of airsoft is when a group of friends meet and can talk for hours on end about airsoft without ever getting bored, for me that is something really special.

How I see it, airsoft is the old comfy armchair, placed in front of an open log fire in the middle of a bitter winter. It is an energy I can warm my soul on. I think thats a fairly good analogy.

• 1 month later...

Sneaking behind the enemy, hiding in a bush with just the MK23, waiting in said bush, then an enemy player runs past and stops about 10 meters away and starts checking his mags, facing me, meanwhile I'm silently screwing the silencer onto my pistol, line up the shot, *quite thud*, center of his chest, making him jump in fright. Then when he realises I'm there I just give a cheeky wink and move away haha

best feeling ever hehe

Joe

Trying to jump over what appears to be a small ravine only to find that it was actually wider than originally thought and filled with water, and doing so in front of most of the opposing team, only to pop up seconds later, water flying everywhere, AEG blazing to take out 6 guys.

• 2 weeks later...

The best feeling of rush I've gotten has been the handful of times on patrol when our small group stumbles into an enemy ambush, and reacts to it correctly.

Granted, it's not the best position to be in and at first you nearly ###### yourself-- but seeing your squad hit the dirt and lay suppressive fire while doing a leapfrog-retreat can't be beat.

Also up there are the times when you rush up to haul a "wounded" buddy out of the line of fire, with BB's whizzing overhead.

An interesting part of airsoft is advancing and coming up on someone unexpectedly, both possibly flustered and youve both got yourself in firing positions with each other dead center, you go to pull your trigger and its on safety! and so is his! - queue further mad adrenalin rush with a massive sense of frustration at having your safety on when you get shot

not exactly best part but can be quite amusing in hindsight

Outshooting and outsmarting superior numbers of players by myself by moving faster and shooting straighter than them.

Making a mockery of "snipers" by outstalking them and shooting them with my springer p226.

Aaaaaaand, knife kills, despite not owning a knife (i just poke people under the ribs with my fingers).

I might come accross as big headed but in reality i am just hyper competitive, so winning in various ways is my fave bit of airsofting

Darkchild

Archived