$9,250 per song!

stewpot_smile2005

Well then why even mention it? You know what I hate with downloading music though, we get *fruitcage*ed on the price. Song downloads in the US are practiucally nothing compared to what we have to pay  :(

:zorro:

Out of curiousity, what do you pay? Its iTunes is 99 cents/song over here. I figured it would be the same everywhere.

Taken From

BBC News

Huge fine for music file-sharer

Jammie Thomas was said to have shared more than 1,700 songs

A court in the US has ordered a woman to pay $222,000 (£109,000) in damages for illegally file-sharing music.

Not illegal to Download tho... :unsure:  :rolleyes: some one forgot to make that a law...

stewart,

Yeah and here is a single mother of 2 kids I think- with a fine that she will never be able to pay-

Here is my question-

-How much of that money will actually reach the Artists?

-And which Artists are actually going to take the money? I would like to know becasue I will not be buying any of their products again.

Yeah yeah, I see the argument about 'Artists deserve to be paid for their work' but jaysis, how many multi-million dollar houses and luxury cars can you own?

I'd bet if you asked the Artists who's songs she was 'trading' they would say "nah- I dont want her money"

...except of course Metallica :rolleyes:

I really like what Radiohead is doing with their new album "In_Rainbows" releasing tomorrow- you pay what you want- I sent them $22 USD.

9,250 USD per song is roughly what you end up paying if you buy the rip-off priced records anyways, so I don't see the point. ;)

I actually do still buy records, and if I "sample" a song or two and don't like them, I delete them - much like you can listen to the records before you buy them at a record shop.

Amateurs like the one in this case are the ones who get caught. At the same time there are distributors with Terabytes of shared stuff, but they are pro enough to get caught only rarely.

-Sale

Archived