Optimax piston heads and spring guides

I've just been given the opportunity to look over a few samples of AEG internal parts from Optimax-Engineering an Indonesian company aiming to produce internal AEG parts and custom work.

AEGs aren't my main thing but Ive had all the various guarder systema etc internal parts thru my hands at one stage or another and the quality of these parts themselves is obvious soon as you take them out the packaging.

1.jpg

2 piston head designs and a V3 and a V2 spring guide are first parts they've run off

2.jpg

One is a standard ported head that's hard purple anodized and been machined from Duralmin.

3.jpg

The other is machined from very good quality POM material, really tough stuff. Unusually its actually an air brake piston head and to date the only one I've ever seen commercially produced.

By default its profiled to fit smoothly into a marui nozzle for semi auto use (with the advice to obviously check and reprofile it if necessary to suit your nozzle, and to modify your piston by removing second to last tooth from it if you plan on full auto useage) Personally I like things louder rather than quieter but if you are set on going the air brake route then it definately beats bodging something up with a bolt n tape guide from an old a VHS tape.

4.jpg

5.jpg

Both ported piston heads have been CNC to exact specs and include two hard chromed washers and thrust bearing together with a really substantial 'o' ring at the business end. Both fit the guarder cylinder I tried them in like a glove and have really good compression.

6.jpg

Along with both piston heads I received bearing spring guides for V2 and V3 gearboxes again supplied with hard chromed washers and thrust bearing. These have been CNC machined to exact specs from steel then galvanized and hard black coated.

The aluminium head and V3 spring guide I'll be popping into the dboys AKSU for a bit of a try out next week.

So there you have it yeh yeh I know maybe not the most exciting of parts and its not as though you're going to see them once fitted, but together with a billet alloy CNC'd swordfish kit for the MP5, they are certainly an indication of the precision and quality of finish that these guys can work to. Prices and other components 'to be confirmed' but definitely one to keep an eye on :)

Indeed. I hadn't ever thought of one in an AEG, but if it has an effect in a similar way to the one on the VSR piston, it might be a good choice for those looking to make their AEG a bit quieter.

The parts definitely look pretty nice - how did you come to get hold of them Snorkelman ?

Indeed. I hadn't ever thought of one in an AEG, but if it has an effect in a similar way to the one on the VSR piston, it might be a good choice for those looking to make their AEG a bit quieter.

The parts definitely look pretty nice - how did you come to get hold of them Snorkelman ?

Im involved with them on something else I cant talk about as yet, so the parts were sent over as a thank you/chance to evaluate quality of their machining work

airbrake piston head is one of those things that, if you are set on doing and going in with your eyes open, its probably better using one thats actually built as one piece like this Ive got a spare AK box knocking around I'll give a before and after try of it with

price and availability I'll see if I can dig out some hard info from them next time I'm in touch

Edited by snorkelman
Not if installed correctly and used in semi-only.

Yes, very good. :rolleyes:

That's kinda like saying motorbikes aren't dangerous as long as you ride safely.

Point being that people are gonna buy this and stick it in their gun without understanding what it's for and, as I said, there'll be tears.

Yes, very good. :rolleyes:

That's kinda like saying motorbikes aren't dangerous as long as you ride safely.

Point being that people are gonna buy this and stick it in their gun without understanding what it's for and, as I said, there'll be tears.

True, but the same could be said of M175 springs.

cheers Sale, didnt realise someone else had one out too

couple of other bits of info on the piston heads the o-rings fitted are viton ones as standard

also despite weight and sizes being same dropping these bare heads down a cylinder (no oring etc fitted) results in noticably slower travel down the cylinder than doing same with others

• 2 months later...