Airsoft in the rain

Inq Eisenhorn

Airsoft in the rain? anyone remember Distant Thunder 06?

holy poopsocks batman that was wet!

raining from about 6am till about 3/4pm? maybe 5? high winds so it was SIDEWAYS!

there were some wet people that day man. other then that it wasn't that bad. my poncho started leaking towards the end (the seams go eventually) and anyone wearing gore-tex was shocked to find its only water resistant not waterproof.

tbh some of the best days softing i've had in the rain. SYA proteus is brill in the rain. you get to hop from building to building whilst watching the hardcore guys run around in the mud ;)

phoenix urban is good too. see the sheets of water pouring off the corrugated sheets whilst dashing between the ruined bricks and sprawl. heh i remember almost diving into a crater at Phoenix only to pull up short it was 3 feet deep with water!

lucky i didn't go head first.....

pete

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My UTG AK worked fine in the rain at the short lived Lightfighter Bramham. I personally was soaked to the skin.

i got so sick of the rain at sya proteus one day, i set up my umbrella, and lay under it with my spr biggrin.gif thats tactical...

I got my umbrella, sprayed it green, stapled some cam net to it and took it on my MTQ2 exam. Needless to say the Para invigilating it was not impressed.

I live in washington state. We have rain ALL the F**KING time, it gets really annoying. But I go to a forest and play there, not so bad as the trees take most of the rain, so it's a rather mute point.

But I kinda like airsofting in the rain, it's just fun lol.

yeah, i agree, the only thing about the rain, is cleaning and stripping the gun afterwards, just takes more time, as well as that is getting the car wet and muddy :(

all for a good cause though :)

belladonna- just wondering what the R stands for ?

Bella (If I rememebr corectly) signs her posts with her Initail (Fore name I beleve).

I think if your going to play this game / sport / pursue this hobby in the UK you will get rain... in the main the things that will take damage will be any comms you use (radio's unless mil/police issue) will cease working if they get too wet... to protect them simply bag em with a food bag or something similar (no pouch is 100% water proof in heavy weather).

i remember one year where it was a horrible storm (aka lighting, heavy rain). Mind you in Hawaii it is either sunny or rainy though i wish we did have snow. anyways we usually only have one layer of bdus and regular hiking shoes/boots. It was great except for sliding down a muddy hill and one of my buddies did fall off a 6 foot wall and broke his two lam units on his socoms :D . but all in all i like the atmosphere because it cuts down on background noise and therefore makes it a bit easier to sneak around. just as long as its not pouring like cats and dogs.

As people say, it all adds the realism and gives a different great new dimension to the game - especially when it's lashing down as it often does in this country! Only thing is if people aren't prepared for it and don't bring wet weather gear then people can get cranky - resulting in a loss of standards sometimes.

If we ever get snow this year I can't wait to do some skirmishing in that!

Would it be wrong of me to mention that I have a full set of British Army-issue goretex for sale, and have for some time?

PM me for information, if you can't find the thread in the sales section (It's probably gone now, so old)

I don't bother too much if it starts to rain while I'm playing. I don't usually even get the goretex out, unless it's REALLY bad. In the TA we tend not to wear that stuff during actual patrols or contacts, it's more for sitting around the harbour area doing admin. Never had a problem with the AEG so far, either.

rain sucks for airsoft, really ruins a lot of the fun.

1) Everything gets muddy and messed up

2) GBB's are as useful as throwing a wet paper towel at your opponent

3) If your unfortunate and some rain makes it into the hop unit, or the gearbox... then it can cause issues.

Just not worth the hassle in my opinion =)

I think I'll have to agree on that one. You can still do it if want to though.

I'm indifferent. If it's dry, cool. If it's raining, that's cool too.

First major game I had in the rain, I played with my new ICS M4. That was pretty scary. Everything was fine though. I got pretty muddy though... but I wear a full paintball mask and it didn't fog at all really.

my new thing for the wet season "Gorka" its the best thing to come out of russia. basically they're duck cotton mountain suits, fully adjustable and comfy whilst not being loud like nylon and gore-tex and you can practically swim in it and stay dry.

it rocks. now i just need to find a way to make my aeg that waterproof.

pete

Archived