Worn Cyma .031

kjm55

My friend has owned a Cyma .031 AK74 rifle for about a year now, it has seen a lot of abuse and has had pieces broken off such as the rear sight and the flash hider but other than that it is okay. This has got to be the most rugged gun I've ever seen, and when he put it up for sale i was first in there.

It's a lovely gun and deserves some decent care and attention, and i plan to upgrade and repair it even though i aint the most expierienced in this field.

Has anybody got any helpful advice?

I would love to get it up to around 340-350fps but don't really know where to start. Gearboxes, springs, brushings, inner barrels, havent a clue, lol. I've heard higher capacity batteries also help. Thanks.

First, I was under the impression that guns in the UK were unable to shoot over 1 joule (328 FPS).

Second, we aren't allowed to discuss how to make a gun shoot hotter than 328 FPS on these forums due to the aforementioned rule.

Third, batteries don't increase FPS. They increase RPS.

Fourth, Welcome to Arnies! Sorry if I seem a little terse, but I'm really tired at the moment. I'm really a nice guy when I'm functioning normally...

Apparently all airsoft guns over the 1 joule, 328fps limit are classed as modified airsoft weapons and are not to be used in gaming, although modded airsoft weapons exceeding this limit are permitted in target shooting only which is probably what i will be using the Ak for.

My thoughts are at the moment replace the 8.4v 1200mah with a 2400 mah one, buy a systema/prometheus m120/ms120 spring, and install some metal bushings.

Apparently all airsoft guns over the 1 joule, 328fps limit are classed as modified airsoft weapons and are not to be used in gaming, although modded airsoft weapons exceeding this limit are permitted in target shooting only which is probably what i will be using the Ak for.

home office might have a disagreement or two with that when it comes to full auto at best you'ld be looking at 384FPS and thats down to nterpretation - in at least one HO presentation to a parliamentary commitee their expert quoted .75 foot pounds for long arms (1 joule) and 1 foot pound for shorts (384 fps with .20s) Above that you have an airweapon and those cant be full auto

academic anyway as the forum rules are discussion upto 328 fps with .20s ie 1 joule. Arnies house arnies rules.

Okay guys, sorry about the discussion +328fps. Thanks for the info redneck, really appreciate it :).

On a final point does anyone have any opinions about the Prometheus ms120 spring/or Prometheus as a spring manufacturer in general? I think i will go for that spring just wanted to know of any horror stories.

Thanks for the help

Okay guys, sorry about the discussion +328fps. Thanks for the info redneck, really appreciate it  :).

On a final point does anyone have any opinions about the Prometheus ms120 spring/or Prometheus as a spring manufacturer in general? I think i will go for that spring just wanted to know of any horror stories.

Thanks for the help

Well first off a m120 spring would be around 380-410 fps...

5370H55V what is your point?

And boar i would if i could...im only 17 and with the VCR bill i can't get airsoft guns anywhere so will have to make do with this. Also i aint planning on spending alot on the gun.

Also an ms120 spring is not 380-410fps, most sources say more lyk 350-375

I think his point is that the spring you are asking about will put your aeg over legal limits for a full-auto rifle in the UK.

Therefore discussing it on this site is not allowed.

Thread locked. Discussion on upgrades ON OR UNDER 328FPS ONLY, PLEASE- it's in the rules that everyone agrees to abide by when they become a member of this site, thank you!

Archived