'Apex Industries' 5.56 Omega

[Apex]

Hi There

As some of you know, im going to HK next month, originally i was going to bring back a DBoys CQB-R and a DBoys SPR Mk.I Mod.0

Well ive decided to ditch the SPR in return for the Madbull Long Patriot Kit.

Ive looked into the DBoys bodies and due to the possibility of me not having UKARA membership in time for HK, i might ditch the body and leave it at the shop, but if i do get a UKARA membership the body will come with.

Someone suggested to me that i should get a DBoys metal body as they come with no trades, meaning im free to do what i want to it, so i thought that along with the patriot kit, i could make a custom gun :D so if i dont have UKARA in time, ill buy the body from airsoftworld when ive got my membership.

So heres the plan:

I will need:

1x DBoys CQB-R

1x Madbull Patriot Long Kit

1x G36c Long Foregrip Rail

Basically, i love the look of the patriot, but i really do not like the little stubby stock pipe so i thought this:

Replace the DBoys CQB-R front end with the Madbull Long Patriot front end and voila...

One patriot with crane stock and ACOG - although this will be replaced with aimpoint as i allready have an aimpoint :D

2diiky9.jpg

Yea, thats pretty fancy, but thats not it.

As i said, the DBoys metal bodies are free from trades, so i could take the lower reciever to a trophy engravers and have my design etched into the metal

my design being this:

dha64l.jpg

Which would replace the trades on the front left of the lower reciever if they existed

Total cost without engraving: 270 USD - 133.379 GBP

So, tell me what you think, feel free to have a go at designing a logo to be engraved, or suggest anything else you could think of without going OTT on cost and function.

i thought ukara membership was to proove that you belong to a ukara registered site, there fore proving your eligbility.

And to be honest, i dont really want to paint her blue when im in HK either, as the VCRA states they must be bright colors of which i think they withdrew blue, so i dont think a 51% bright pink patriot's really my thing lol

thanks for the remark about the trades :D i was thinking of having the 'omega' symbol etched into the front of the magwell too, just for a bit of extra detail

they didnt withdraw blue they added it to the list

Ive looked into the DBoys bodies and due to the possibility of me not having UKARA membership in time for HK, i might ditch the body and leave it at the shop, but if i do get a UKARA membership the body will come with

seeing as your coming home with NO receiver for your patriot, then surely a blue one you can paint back to black later is surely better than heehaw receiver at all particularly when you've bought and paid for it as part of a gun and would be leaving it in a hong kong trash can otherwise?

all ukara registration does is confirm to UKARA retailers that you have a site membership from one of the sites it recognises without UKARA retailers having to go and phone sites everytime someone tries to buy an item. From a defence point ovf view its the site membership that counts not the UKARA registration.

eg tescos could compile a list of folks with full car licences and add them to a database to ensure they dont sell fuel to unacompanied learner or disqualified drivers. Now if you were pulled over at side of the road what would plod be wanting to know? that you have a driving licence or that the fact you have a driving licence has been confirmed by tesco and added to tescos database of people with driving licences.

thanks for educating me on the system, i thought that you needed to register to UKARA through a site, there for being a UKARA member would prove as defence.

as for the body, i would much rather leave it rather than go through all the hastle of painting it, but saying that, im going to ask my local site about membership again as they might have changed the price.

TBH, at the beginning i was thinking of just buying the DBoys for the gearbox, wiring and crane stock but i thought that i could always flog the front end on here if i dont want/use it.

well, my site hasnt got around to regestering for the membership system yet, so i guess im going to have to post something to myself in order to keep all the original parts... Oh well i guess its no biggy, i was thinking of buying a HK USPC so i would need to post the top of that anyways...

i just hope they sort it out by the time i get back from HK

Archived