Magpul PTS MIAD Grip and CRT Stock Review

The Airsoft MIAD is not a 1:1 replica of the real MIAD.

Its thicker to accomodate the large AEG motor.

People have had to dremel away quite a bit of material to get a real miad to fit a ptw so im fairly confident that trying to adapt a RS MIAD to a regular airsoft gun would be nigh impossible.

Does anyone know if this Airsoft version MIAD fits the Systema PTW (without extensive modification)?

Also, to add on to what uscmCorps has said, it also depends on the base colour of the item, the PTS parts were originaly a light tan colour, before the hydrographic film was applied, while the CASV was black. as you can see there is colour variations betweeen the PTS, DyTac and the Vltor parts, mainly due to the base colour.

Heres mine with the Magpul CTR and Lakota bodywork:

IMG_1086.jpg

I binned the Magpul MIAD as no matter what I did (and I'm no stranger to engineering work) I couldn't get it to sound right. I also found the angle and width of the grip not to my taste. The thread was also ridiculously loose.

The CTR on the other hand is a fantastic bit of kit. Even if it really is a complicated solution to a problem that doesn't really exist, it still looks sweet.

Also good to remember that the Magpul hydro coating and Lakota coating are NOT the same and have different shades.

yes your right, this does look sweet! How long does this take, as sending your M4 out to this states is gonna take a while! Also what price are you looking at??

regards

R

Magpul do not advertise Airsoft anywhere on their website. I think it's their way of selling their products to the airsoft world before any of the other airsoft manufacturers do it.

No, magpul does not advertise their airsoft products on their site because of the widespread hatred and ignorance surrounding airsoft in real steel circles.