Pictures of your latest non-airsoft aquisitions

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i tried going into my local gaming store and they dont have any used batteries in stock D:

I want my psp running at 1.50 again =/

No need to run the old 1.50 firmware....the latest 3.90 offers all the features of 1.50 while still having the latest patches for recent releases.

IMG_1001.jpg

I HATE EXAMS

CoH should be a welcome break tho, so shud the music. Slaughtering Nazis to the sound of the The Killers, hehehe

All products of a 'welcome back from hospital' shopping spree i went on with my girlfriend. My wallet hurts :S

Edited by aeviv
It is a standard cartridge for NATO forces, and for several nations not part of NATO. It is derived from, but not entirely interchangeable with, the .223 Remington cartridge. This is due to, among other things, the greater gas pressure of the 5.56 mm military round.

Tl;Dr Some 5.56 Rifles will fire .223 but .223 chambered rifles will not fire 5.56.

Tl;Dr Some 5.56 Rifles will fire .223 but .223 chambered rifles will not fire 5.56.

You'll find the case and projectile dimentions match, and the terms are taken as interchangable in most usage and in most juristicions where a difference is made between civil an military calibres .223 *is* a military round :)

But if you read it again the reason for not complete interchangability if the pressures generated. Civilian rounds won't have the pressure to push a machine gun at 700+rpm and military round which does will cause damage to light built civilian arms O:-).

DarkMM :flamed:

You'll find the case and projectile dimentions match, and the terms are taken as interchangable in most usage and in most juristicions where a difference is made between civil an military calibres .223 *is* a military round :)

But if you read it again the reason for not complete interchangability if the pressures generated. Civilian rounds won't have the pressure to push a machine gun at 700+rpm and military round which does will cause damage to light built civilian arms O:-).

DarkMM :flamed:

Yes. NEVER fire 5.56x45 in a weapon that is only certified for .223 Win.

@ Lithium Jack: Ooooohhhh...RADO headphones. I heard that they were a bit uncomfortable though, what's your verdict so far?

I love them, they're not uncomfortable at all - they're pretty light so you can wear them for hours and hours... minimal pressure on the ears too. The sound quality is crystal clear and well-balanced like you'd expect. I wish the cable was a little bit longer, but that's really the only complaint I can think of so far. YMMV though, my judgment might be clouded by the price tag :P

Yes. NEVER fire 5.56x45 in a weapon that is only certified for .223 Win Short Mag.

Fixed. Because that's the only ".223 Win" there is.

Anyway, as previously stated, .223 Remington and 5.56x45mm NATO are not the same caliber. NEVER attempt to chamber and fire a 5.56x45mm NATO cartridge in a rifle chambered for .223 Remington. There is one and only one exception, and that is if the weapon has a .223 Wylde chamber. Which is very similar to a bog standard 5.56x45mm chamber. If the rifle says ".223 Remington" on the barrel or rifle, make 115% certain that it's a Wylde chamber before attempting to use any 5.56x45mm ammunition in it.