Right here goes....

First impressions are good, with the reciever being 100% metal.... The barrel is as you would expect with a rpk.... It's huge, and is topped off with a cnc machined flash hider, which actually amplifies the sound of the gun....

It comes with a 600 round hi-cap mag (btw it will use marui mags), and feeds well.

Gearbox is version 3 with metal gears.

On firing (with a 8.4v pack) the rof was around about 800-900 rpm, and the fps was 270.... Not ground breaking, but seeing as it had a long barrel I thought it would have some decent range.....

Which brings me to the bad points....

The hop up is metal and looks to be a copy of the marui ak unit.... But the src version is abysmal. All of the rounds were spreading all over the place.... Not good. Will have to be replaced at some point.

The fake wood effect on the plastic furniture is.... How shall I put this.... ######. Honestly the fake wood effect on my kitchen floor is better....

The bipod is a welcome addition but beware.... The clip holding it shut is pretty feirce.

With regards to the plastic furniture, this will be changed at some point....

All in all an honest bit of kit with a few niggles that can be remidied with time.

7 out of 10

cheers for that

hows the build quality? squeaks n wobbles or solid and well put together

re the spread of shots sure it doesnt just have rattly barrel syndrome (big long inner barrel not really supported inside the outer that can bounce around while firing) If so a couple of spacers along its length (wraps of tape, o-rings whatever) might help a bit?

oh and piccies go on give us a photo or two (if your stuck for anywhere to host them photobucket is a good enough free option)

The barrel is as solid as the rock of Gibralter. There is no barrel wobble at all, although the front sight is loose (screw missing that would have held it place). Oh and the wood effect on the plastic is truely, truely horrendous. It almost glows in the dark. Although there is a real wood version for about £50 more (my one cost £210 from wolf armories) but I was going to change the most of the plastic furniture for something else anyway....

Hope this helps....

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

airsoft world do an RPK wood kit for £40, not bad i feel. I know a mate who stuck one on an AK, bought a drum mag and a bipod- looked great and was quite a bit cheaper! i believe it was a CYMA AK he built it off but i could be wrong

• 7 months later...

I have a Gen 3 Wood furniture, steel barreled version. Its pretty solid. Yeah the hop/accuracy and the power isn't fantastic but it does have potential.

A team mate of mine has one, and all he has done is slap in a M145 spring and a lipo, but I don't think he ever aims. Will try his out sometime.

It depends. It IS essentially an AK47 with RPK furniture, a steel Ak47 barrel and a steel RPK barrel extension.

I was just testing accuracy at about 30ft/10m or so, and it was pretty nasty. Prone, bipoded, at 300fps, I was getting 4cm groups at 10m (which is handgun accuracy for a support weapon), but when I unbipoded it, prone. It was getting some horrific 8cm groups at 10m. All on semi, 0.2g SRC BBs.

Buying a plain AK and putting the RPK kit on may depend if the RPK kit is made of steel or not, and the barrel block and the receiver is steel or not. With such a long barrel you will see warping on pot metal receivers, pot metal barrel will bend.

I will take it apart and figure out what is wrong, so stay tuned.

• 2 weeks later...

I just took it apart and back again: OOTB the reason why the accuracy is so bad is because of two things:

1) The mechbox is not sitting directly flush to the hop unit. The mechbox is sitting to low at the rear, and hence not mating with the hop unit flush. I added a mm of eproxy putty at the rear of the receiver and now its sitting flush.

2) The barrel was not clean, it was dirty with grease.

I measured the barrel. It was a 6.04mm tightbore. Now, after the reseat and clean, its VERY accurate.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...