PDI Training Simulator Rifles

Shinden

I am surprised no one has posted this news!

Here it goes: PDI has announced (a while ago) of thier new M4A1 Training Simulation gun.

These guns not only are powered by gas, but have white plastic ring like casings that ejects everytime you shoot. Chambered for 6mm BBs. I believe this is a rebrand of the RAP4 airsoft Co2 guns, but I cannot be sure at the moment.

Videos and Pictures are on the following PDI website:

http://www.x-fire.org/simulators.html

As the website shows videos on Youtube, the guns can be submerged and shot, loud noise, plastic ring shells eject, blowbacks, and shoots. Of course the second video has the MP5 model as well.

MP5 model is not on sale at the moment.

Yeah RAP4 has had airsoft versions (M4, Mp5) out for quite a while now. It looks similar to what's shown in the PDI vids, especially the shell ejecting part.

http://rap4.com/paintball/os/rap4-airsoft-...-c-261_409.html

This may be the APS/RAM (Real Action Marker) version though. The stock tube is hiding the gas canister in the vids.

http://ecom.udomain.com.hk/product.php?cli...ductCatID=1777&

Plus this announcement may make it clear:

http://www.apsram.com/

Introducing our new distributor in Japan

2007/09/24

APS Paintball Limited hereby introduces that PDI Co., Ltd has become our new distributor in Japan. PDI Co., Ltd is the leading LE training equipment provider in Japan.

For Real Action Marker in Japan, please contact PDI CO., Ltd.

I used to own a RAP4 (American version of RAM), and it fired once. Then never fired again, since there was a problem with ejection. Cost me about $700 for the package, and lost something like a 15% restocking fee. Then about half a year later RAP4 "accidentally" charged the credit card for another $200... was quite a hassle getting that taken care of. I would say stay away from RAP4, their stuff is overpriced anyway. But the actual gun is VERY realistic and fun to shoot (even though I was able to shoot it once -_-). But price could be a factor.

lolz these are useless, they break and jam often, i bought one PFC cap gun and hated the thing (was a pistol) not to mention i would need to buy a lot of those caps that are ejected.Though i would only use this for milsim and i hate milsim though if the gun stoped firing when it was out of ammo like the systema ones this may swing me in the direction of milsim, and if all the functions work like a real gun or like the systema one

Ive never been keen on the paintball version (Im assuming the airsoft one is just a conversion from that with a bit less oomph) bolt travel was very poor (not much more than length of the stumpy little shell) recoil was nothing to write home about and accuraccy? well less said the better.

If it's a rebranded RAP, then chalk another person who thinks it's the biggest waste evar!!!

Totally overpriced and not worth the time. I owned one for too long and the only thing I had with it was a frickin' headache and a sour taste.

lolz these are useless, they break and jam often, i bought one PFC cap gun and hated the thing (was a pistol) not to mention i would need to buy a lot of those caps that are ejected.Though i would only use this for milsim and i hate milsim though if the gun stoped firing when it was out of ammo like the systema ones this may swing me in the direction of milsim, and if all the functions work like a real gun or like the systema one

What the hell do PFC cap guns have to do with this?

Looks interesting, but isn't practical.

And lol at RAP4's ridiculous, shameless self-promotion.

RAP is great at that. I used to frequent their forums a few years ago when they were going to "revolutionize" paintball. I, like some others, got suckered into it. It was amazing how much blind loyalty their hardcore guys had. If you had a problem, they were great to help. However they 100% did not believe that the marker was the problem. The single greatest answer I got was..."These things take time to setup properly." Well with the money I just spent on it, the damn thing better work every shot and on the first time. Period. Guess what? My Armotech did, but the RAP boys would talk *beep* about them.

When they came out with the airsoft version, I looked back into it. I ran away the minute I read a review on their site. This guy was obtaining UNBELIEVABLE numbers. It wasn't even within the realm of possibility. He was claiming reach distances in extreme yards. That's when I knew it was another fanboy over blowing the RAP once more. The reviewer was supposed to do a follow up and I'm still waiting like 2 years after the fact. Wonder if it broke after those unreal numbers???? ;)

I've got a rap4 mets. Its superb! No jamming, very accurate and very powerful! Its very satisfying plowing thru a 20rd mag with shells going everywhere (you can get shell catchers which work well or bio degradeable plstic ones) and it barks very loudly!! I have a co2 powerlet adaptor which uses two 12gm powerlets which on full auto last about 3 mags so not ideal but you there is so many alternative power sources (co2 and hpa) that there's bound to be one that will suit you!

Its very realistic in appearance and construction and weighs a decent amount too adding to the experiance. The only problem, and its a huge one is that no one supports them with a milsim experiance that being low cap mag paintball plus its too powerful for many sites.

Archived