Hi.

Does someone know what the knife is what is used by Jean Reno in M:I?

Just for info: In the movie it is a folder knife but at the CGI it seems they  forgot to make the chink for the blade.

Does that knife exist anyway? If not, is there a knife that looks similar?

I was thinking that it might have been a Microtec knife. The blade looks a lot like the Halo series. However after looking at the pic again it looks like it is a fixed blade. I agree with hitmanNo2 that it is most likely made just for the movie.

EDIT ---- inserted quote

Edited by ferretkiller
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first reaction when I opened up the box was that they had shipped me the 610 instead of the smaller 615. It is still a very big knife, to the point where I wouldn't want it any bigger for pocket carrying.

Lol. There is just something about a big knife though. I've just about grown out of my Mini-Grip and 705.

-Jake

Had some fun with the little stuff I have here. You'll notice my recently acquired RS L85A2 magazines, straight from the sandbox. Other random military stuff has been thrown in, be nice with the quality of the pics, my camera is terrible and I get no natural light in my room.

OK, so the hero of those pics is my beloved CRKT M16-14 "Big Dog" Mil.

1045770784.jpg

1045765596.jpg

1045745668.jpg

1045704982.jpg

Had some fun with the little stuff I have here. You'll notice my recently acquired RS L85A2 magazines, straight from the sandbox. Other random military stuff has been thrown in, be nice with the quality of the pics, my camera is terrible and I get no natural light in my room.

OK, so the hero of those pics is my beloved CRKT M16-14 "Big Dog" Mil.

http://1e.img.v4.skyrock.com/1e9/lordbg/pics/1045770784.jpg[/im

http://1e.img.v4.skyrock.com/1e9/lordbg/pics/1045765596.jpg[/im

http://1e.img.v4.skyrock.com/1e9/lordbg/pics/1045745668.jpg[/i

http://1e.img.v4.skyrock.com/1e9/lordbg/pics/1045704982.jpg[/i

aren't those Hk416 mags? well, at least one of them have to be. You can see the little "Hk" engraved on the bottom of one of the mags.

Remember who refurbished the SA80... one of the weak point was the magazine (common to most STANAG mag compatible weapons) and HK redisigned them. They're a lot heavier than the previous ones, but also sturdier and apparently flawless. The design was kept when they approached the idea of compensating the defaults of the AR platform aswell, hence the similarity with 416 mags.

Oh, 5 quids each at my local surplus, the guy is liquidating the stocks, I expect to buy dirt cheap UK DPM and desert uniforms, plus an assault vest tomorrow :)

BTW, really sweet knife Aitch. And most of the posters here aswell (I'm still ashamed to post my pics when I see SilentScope's and other's)

And so that this post isn't completely OT, one last pic for the road:

1045760726.jpg

i has decided to do something about my lack of Stabbers, so i went on a bit of an ebay rampage

Now all of these are for show only, i dont intend on them ever leaving the house with me for fishing and whatnot, but i also know nothing about Blades that arent made by Gil Hiben, so while i doubt any of these are anything special or particularly great i shall post them here to see if anyone notices something worth while....

First up,

Eisbar II Bowie Knife with 9" Blade, and ruberised grip

58b6_1.jpg

Next up, a Random Survival Knife with the hollow handle packed with matches and other survival goodies, not as *beep* looking as the last one of these i had

DSCN6612.jpg

Next an odd one that caught my eye, seems to have a loop like a bayonet, but no bayonet lug catch... anyway its got a 10" blade and special grip texturing to ensure perfect non slip grip even if its wet

a292_1.jpg

and this one i know nothing about, other than it has a 6" blade and wooden grip, just bought it cos i thought it looked purdy....

c0f8_1.jpg

next a SOG Pup, which i thought would look nice on my gear for some photo's

SOG37037.jpg

and this one which is the only one by a brand ive heard of, its a Winchester Ranger knife, by Gerber

211f_1_b.jpg

sorry about all the pictures being piked direct from ebay, but non have arrived as of yet, ill stick a pick of em aall together once they arrive so you can admire their cheap tat beauty

Jake, the edge is pretty sharp, actually sliced my thumb on my first opening attempt. I'm probably going to engrave important stuff on it, like name, NO-PEN, etc. It's a kershaw knife, so it's pretty good stuff.

Martin, it's good for the once-in-a-lifetime-opportunity when all of my striders break, and I need to cut open a can of soup :P

But to be honest, I felt that a neck knife would be pretty handy. It's like a U-HAK, but more sheeple friendly, and rust proof.

Those tags just look so goddamn cool, and they wont take them off the front page of their site. Must... resist... There is probably sometime they will come in real handy that I'm not smart enough to think of

ETA: I'll keep the TAD stuff going with a non-cell phone pic of my TAD SMF and its sexy new lanyard

IMG_3858.png

Edited by SilentScope