Martin, I'm a nub at photography, but I have a tip when photographing strider flamed Ti....Wash the damn thing with soap water first, the colors will come out much more vibrant.

EDIT:

If you don't mind my asking, what kind of patches do you have on your Hoodie?

Edited by r.ocelot
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehe thanks blackgoat. My friend and I really, really want to make it out to France before too long. Guess we better save up extra booze money.

Martin, I'm a nub at photography, but I have a tip when photographing strider flamed Ti....Wash the damn thing with soap water first, the colors will come out much more vibrant.

EDIT:

If you don't mind my asking, what kind of patches do you have on your Hoodie?

I noticed they look better when wet in general, like when I took those pictures of the SnG in my Moroccan bowl thing. Ill try washing them next time, thanks for the tip man. IDK who else I could get info like that from lol

I tired some different patches like IR flags on my hoodie, but I havent found any I like yet. I kinda liked the Crye dirka dirka patch but it's a bit too silly. Next Ill try multicam American flags. For now Im patchless, which I dont really mind

Edited by SilentScope

knives_1.jpg

knives_4.jpg

Not as exciting as some of the stuff in here. The small black one is a cheap knife that I got for airsofting. Not sure where I'm going to attach the sheath just yet. The bigger one is a hand made hunting knife that my dad's cousin made and which I then inherited when my granddad died.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t221/Th...rd/knives_1.jpg

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t221/Th...rd/knives_4.jpg

Not as exciting as some of the stuff in here. The small black one is a cheap knife that I got for airsofting. Not sure where I'm going to attach the sheath just yet. The bigger one is a hand made hunting knife that my dad's cousin made and which I then inherited when my granddad died.

I was going to ask what kind of knife that little one was. It looks pretty cool.

Does someone know what the knife is what is used by Jean Reno in M:I?

Looks Like a microtech, or based on one. Cant get em in the UK as they are spring fed.

Definitely a prop as it looks like an OTF, but is clearly a fixed blade.

• 2 weeks later...

pict0887vb8.jpg

pict0888yn9.jpg

Behehe, I thought I'd lost this. One of my first three knives. The other two were destroyed by the police :(

And for the love of Christ, can you keep images to 800x600 at most. The image sizing thread is pinned for a reason :rolleyes: *flicks Drspoon*

:zorro:

Edited by dannyboy

Does anyone have any idea if there's any restrictions on fixed blades in the UK?

ie, size, materials etc

I know there's plenty of folding types that are illegal but I'm after a couple of fixed to add to my collection that I can only find in the States..

Don't wana get a knock on the door from the Old Bill!!

Any help gratefully recieved :)

The UK knife laws are actually some of the better laws we have here. Regarding carrying, fixed and locking blades can be any length, so long as you have good reason for having them. Same with a folding (not locking blade) over 3".

For ownership, I'm not aware of any particular restrictions. I know people who own everything from large and small hunting knives and military knives up to a full blown broadsword and none have had problems.

Main thing to watch is where you're taking them, not the knives themselves.

Hope that helps, and is correct. That is at least my understanding of the laws, you may want to check with the police too.