• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Not throwing, I meant as in a knife to wear with some respectable clothes, that strikes me as slightly nutbar to be honest!

Throwing a knife is not dangerous if you throw it at the right things, but wearing a knife to go with some particular clothing is a precursor to carrying a knife in public!

Or am I currently grasping a diminutive tree-branch by the incorrect terminus-portion?

Not throwing, I meant as in a knife to wear with some respectable clothes, that strikes me as slightly nutbar to be honest!

Throwing a knife is not dangerous if you throw it at the right things, but wearing a knife to go with some particular clothing is a precursor to carrying a knife in public!

Or am I currently grasping a diminutive tree-branch by the incorrect terminus-portion?

I always chhose what knife I carry depending on what I'm wearing.

If I'm in a suit I carry my Spyderco UK Penknife and my small Swiss Army,

If I'm in Jeans I add my LeatherMan,

If I'm in uniform I carry my Leatherman and Spyderco Police...

Knives I dont collect, however I do have 3 Katanas, 1 Wakizashi, one tanto, 1 hand and a half, and one claymore. Check my gallery.

pictures0419ws.th.jpg

Mostly non functional except for my Hanwei Golden Oriole. Carbon steel hand forged differently tempered with a true temperline, wooden scabbard, real rayskin and finest japanese cotton wrap. The guard depics a mantis stalking a cricket unaware that its being stalked by the Golden Oriole. The same motif is also carried on through the pommel cap and handle collar. Beautiful sword. Cost me about the same price as a LR300.

Edited by michael_collins
  • 3 weeks later...

its great, very sharp, great build, feels very comfortable in the hand with the rubber grooves.I havent used it much yet but it seems to be of great build, seeing as I like throwing knives so much I may get a pack of 3 uzi throwing knives :-D

I'm afraid I was drunXX0rs when I ordered it :P

I might try even out the karma one day and get a Gurkha issue kukri from here:

http://sasskit.co.uk/products/militaryknives/gurkhakukri.htm

Or maybe I should stop buying pointless bloody knives :P