• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

That's usually ones first reaction to highend knives and it's often follow by "OH,*suitcase* BLOOD!". :D

Anyway, mail man dropped this off a few hours ago:

IMG_5181.jpg

IMG_5176.jpg

IMG_5172.jpg

Edit: *fruitcage* Photobucket.

Edit2:(For those of you who don't know what knife it is)It's a Bark River Knife & Tool Highland Special. Handles are Ocher spalted maple.

Edited by Moriquende
That's usually ones first reaction to highend knives and it's often follow by "OH,*suitcase* BLOOD!". :D

Aye, you wouldnae believe how many times my mates have cut themselves when looking at my latest acquisitions. Best was a few years ago, and my sister's then b/f ran his thumb straight down a blade to test the edge. *fruitcage* tard.

Once again, making me want things. Damn you Moriquende :P I have a depressingly long shopping list atm, and none of them are cheap blades :(

:zorro:

Aye, you wouldnae believe how many times my mates have cut themselves when looking at my latest acquisitions. Best was a few years ago, and my sister's then b/f ran his thumb straight down a blade to test the edge. *fruitcage* tard.

Natural selection at it's finest. ;)

Once again, making me want things. Damn you Moriquende :P I have a depressingly long shopping list atm, and none of them are cheap blades :(

:zorro:

I'm happy to be of service. :D

Edit: BTW, if you want a Barkie you should check out kniveshipfree.com. I they truly do ship free and not just within the US.

Edited by Moriquende
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, Im jealous of some of you guys, all I got is this old thing:

Picture066.jpg

I 'aquired' it back in '95, on my first year trip to France (Mont saint Michelle to be precise, the little gift shop right at the top). Had it ever since- useful for opening boxes and letters etc, hence why its been sharpended to death, as you can probably see from the amount of blade thats been removed from the lower edge. Still takes an edge well for an old girl...

• 4 weeks later...
I can see somebody accidentally cutting themselves with that, considering that you don't have any tang on it. But those are pretty awesome looking, and they look like they were proffessionally made. :]

You mean it doesn't have a guard on it?

I fail to see the problem.

Your typical Mora or Puuko doesn't have a guard and people certainly don't cut themselves with that.

I've actually seen more people cut themselves with knives that have a guard than those without.

Very nice knives, love that filework. What steel and wood did you use?

Edit: fixed quote.

Edited by Moriquende
  • 4 weeks later...

Cook the blade in 50/50 FeCl/white vinegar, put on a satin finish, mark areas that you want to be shiny with nail polish, cook the blade again, use nail polish remover to remove the nail polish, voila.

And nope, doesn't mean anything. Looks like it should, eh?

As for cleaning up the Ti, you can just cook the hardware in OxyClean. That'll put a nice patina on it.