I have a big-ish collection but dont have them all at home at the moment :( but heres my favourite!

A Spanish made 'Neito' Hunting Knife. I absolutly love it, an amazing knife. Full tang and a blade so sharp that I rested it on my arm and dragged it by the handle about 3cm, it made quite a nasty cut and cuts straight throught a rabbits flesh like it was a burning knife through butter!

IMG_9111.jpg

IMG_9115.jpg

IMG_9117.jpg

IMG_9120.jpg

P.s.

Sorry about the crappy pictures I can do much better just cant stand at the minute (broken foot).

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted to check out a different maker so I got a couple of MTech folders -

I really should have read the description of the pearl handled one closer I didn't notice it was larger until I open the package today :D

DSC01023.jpg

DSC01022.jpg

Now the curious thing is, I picked up a Boker for a mate at the same time -

DSC01028.jpg

DSC01026.jpg

DSC01027.jpg

They would seem to be the same knife ;), same design materials, build quality etc.

DarkMM :flamed:

Don't have a picture of mine on it's own, but here's one with my SCAR.

Image177.jpg

Ka-Bar Black Tanto, Kydex sheath. If you want an idea of the quality, i had a row with my dad about it some years ago. He tried to wreck the blade with a 15lb sledgehammer, and ended up breaking the handle of the sledgehammer.

In all seriousness, nice knife. Was wondering when someone was gonna post a pic of a Busse.

Thanks. Nobody seems to know what Busse's are, and that they're on par (if not better in many, many, peoples opinions) of knives like Striders. They're definitely harder to get I know. I had to search high and low for the one I wanted, and sadly paid much more than they sold for brand new even a couple months before.

Edited by TriChrome
Thanks. Nobody seems to know what Busse's are, and that they're on par (if not better in many, many, peoples opinions) of knives like Striders. They're definitely harder to get I know. I had to search high and low for the one I wanted, and sadly paid much more than they sold for brand new even a couple months before.

Better than Striders? That should be a no brainer for most people. S30v + BOS style heat treat is no match for INFI steel.

Only problem I have with Busse blades is the finish tends to flake off, but that's nothing a little gunkote can't take care of.

That's a no brainer then, get a model with no coating (which tends to cost even more money unless you get the finish-yourself type they offer). I've ran this one through about 30-40 3-6" trees during a week long kayak trip (needed firewood each night) and the coating is still there but around a few mm of the center of the blade by the edge is receding ever so slightly. Some of their other coatings, like the arctic white aren't nearly as durable I've heard though.

I plan on using it for a couple more years, then when the coating is really worn strip the blade for a satin finish.

• 3 weeks later...
They would seem to be the same knife ;), same design materials, build quality etc.

Clones, lol. Seriously, Mtech are meh at best, and do just copy other designs.

Moriquende, I still hate you. Stop making me want new blades ;___;

DSCF2259.jpg

Newest addition. Not something I'd usually go for, but it was marked down a lot, n I'm growing to like it. Suprisingly well made imo.

:zorro:

• 5 weeks later...

Handmade Filipino Balisong:

dsc02802j.th.jpg

Recieved it about 7 or maybe 8 years ago, I believe, before air travel restrictions got tight.

It's full metal except for the overlays (some sort of plastic). Brass handles with Copper pin inlays.

Flipping it is quite easy due to the full metal construction.

It can also put a mild hole or a decent dent in a quarter, but I haven't tried this at full speed due to the fact that there is no handguard.

• 5 weeks later...

The Glock knives are decent...definitely needs sharpening from the factory, and yes, they are balanced for throwing. ^_^

I haven't used it much, myself. I've heard it isn't all that great at holding an edge, but, we'll see. For a $30.00 knife (actually paid $13, woot), I'm not expecting it to jump through hoops. It definetally had a nice feel to it, though. It's nice and light, too, which is good and bad.

Oh, and ya' gotta' love the built-in bottle opener, which I've tested. It works quite well.

:vodka:

-Vic

Edited by Victory