• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

It's an Emerson CQC-7 modified with a CQC-6 style handle, then sent to Tom Krein to regrind the blade down to 2.45" with a more aggressive swedge. I made the carbon fiber scales and backspacer, which is lined with green epoxy and has a blue tritium tube insert. I also added the .45 thumbstud made by SteelFlame, and modified the stock clip with one of their baggy crosses. There is a pair of swiss army knife tweezers in the non-clip side scale.

Edited by r.ocelot
  • 4 weeks later...

Some photos of my HK 14750 Pardue Auto before I send it to Benchmade today to be repaired. The auto spring stopped working, but it's being repaired free of charge. :D

3d051b45.jpg

3fcac75a.jpg

Sure, my knife seen some use over the past two years, but it's the best knife I've ever owned. I've only had to sharpen it once since I got it, and it still sharp right now. :D

Edited by Renagade

Question for you knife owners - how are SOG assisted-opening knives? I might want to get one for EDC. I know they're cheap compared to other knives out there, but I remember the SOG Micron I had once was sharp as hell. Too bad I lost that thing :(

Had a couple of the assisted openers and I sold them on. Nothing really wrong with the knives other than they felt a little bit cheesy to be honest. They looked and felt a little on the "too busy" side and the fine detail finish was not quite there.

Prefer Spyderco any day of the week when you are in that price bracket. Far more honest knives.

on the legal front of knives.

Knives

Manufacture/sell/hire ‘Flick Knife’ or ‘Flick Gun’.

Source: Restriction of Offensive Weapons Act, 1959. Section 1(1).

Offence: It is an offence for a person to manufacture, sell, hire or offer for sale or hire or expose or have in his possession for the purpose of sale or hire, or lend or give to any person:

A) any knife which has a blade which opens automatically by hand pressure applied to a button, spring or other device in or attached to the handle of the knife, sometimes know as a ‘flick knife’ or ‘flick gun’; or

B) any knife which has a blade which is released from the handle or sheath thereof by the force of gravity or the application of centrifugal force and which, when released, is locked in place by means of a button, spring, lever, or other device, sometimes known as a ‘gravity knife’.

Powers: Proceedings should be by way of a summons only, unless any of the conditions of s.25 of PACE 1984 are satisfied.

Import

Source: Restriction of Offensive Weapons Act, 1959. Section 1(2).

Offence: It is an offence to import any knife as described in s.1(1) and sometimes known as a ‘flick knife’ or ‘flick gun’ and ‘gravity knife’

Powers: Arrestable offence.

Public Place

Source: Criminal Justice Act, 1988. Section 139(1).

Offence: It is an offence for any person, without lawful authority or good reason, to have with him in a public place, any article which has a blade or is sharply pointed except for a folding pocket-knife which has a cutting edge to its blade not exceeding 3 inches.

School Premises

Source: Criminal Justice Act, 1988. Section 139A(1).

Offence: It is an offence for any person, without lawful authority or good reason, to have with him on school premises any article to which s.139 applies.

Sell to under 16

Source: Criminal Justice Act, 1988. Section 141A

Offence: It is an offence for any person to sell to a person under the age of 16 any knife, knife blade, razor blade, axe or any other article which has a blade or is sharply pointed and which is made or adapted for causing injury to the person.

Powers: Proceedings should be by way of a summons only, unless any of the conditions of s.25 of PACE 1984 are satisfied.

form this the ownership of a kinfe is not illegal. niether is possesion in a public place WITH JUST CAUSE. E.G a fishing knife whilst fishing. if you have a arm full of rods reels and tackle boxes to back up what you are actually doing.

other exemptions include serving military and emergency worker ON DUTY

ownership is not a crime having it in public with no JUST CAUSE is.

hope this helps

Legal stuff

Any reason you posted that? (I didn't see anyone say anything about the legalttiy of spring assited, or OTF knives.)

My knife is legal in my state, as well as it being made in the same state. :D (The company factory is a mere 80ish miles away.)

• 3 weeks later...

_DSC7415.jpg

Tritium in the backspacer:

_DSC7420.jpg

Tweezers in scale, skull in backspacer:

_DSC7425.jpg

.45 thumbdisk and 9mm pivot cover (I made this)

_DSC7427.jpg

cross clip clip

_DSC7429.jpg

royal bronze skull bead with .45 lanyard

_DSC6626.jpg

Warren Thomas TADgear Ring Fighter prototype; Ti/G-10 laminate with carbide edge.

_DSC6623.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since this is the knife thread i thought you guys would be interested in this:

http://edcforums.com/showthread.php/75850-Spyderco-Manix-EDCF-Special-Edition-update-thread

Some of you may know the EDC forum, they are currently offering a custom forum blade which would be a Spyderco Manix 2 with glow in the dark G-10 handles.

But they need 600 people to be interested in it to put them in production. More details in the link.

I'm definitely getting one.:D

• 2 weeks later...