• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know where I can buy stands/cases for my blades?

Ranging from pocket knives up to Japanese katanas and cavalry swords.

Also for one WW2 Karabiner 98k rifle

Getting myself a couple katanas and Indonesian swords towards the end of the year, and I'm in negotiation for the rifle atm (just checking up on import/possession laws for em in the UK)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ignore the conveniently placed paperweight that just so happened to sneak into the picture.

m10006.jpg

Conveniently placed because there just so happened to be a Midway catalog there that needed to be held down, as it was a bit windy.

>.>

<.<

-Vic

(Lol California laws, you so crazy.)

Edited by Victory

I bet if you didn't use a paperweight you'd be prosecuted for littering. Good thinking there citizen!

Precisely! And we wouldn't want that, now, would we? :lol: Me, littering...I would never.

I have since refinished and paracord-wrapped the paperweight. What I'll do with it next, I'm not sure. I'll probably put it on a stack of papers.

-Vic

Edited by Victory
  • 2 months later...

I was visiting a friend last weekend, and sitting on his coffee table was my Spydercard that I hadn't seen for five years! Apparently it turned up in one of his old cars and he'd been using it as a box opener.

Now what can I soak it in to remove years of grime? There are a couple of tiny rust spots and the ball bearing is encased in black gunk.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right,

Decent pic

gunknife.jpg

blades.jpg

L2R Gerber thingy, good work knife, BS 888, wee gerber (you might have seen one rammed into a zombi heid on Walkng Dead, Rick carries one) *suitcase* Whitby boot knife, I used to make a spear with it and successfully hunt with it, CRKT Commander, used it for anything really, CRKT copy of an A G Russel Sting IA (J T Rourke would be proud) CRKT Brian Tighe so good, liner lock so no EDC sad.png that is my lot of working blades.

AND THEN.........

Movie Knives.

movie.jpg

filmknife.jpg

• 1 month later...

Keychain toys:

IMG_20120426_140933.jpg

L-R: Gerber Curve, Streamlight Nano, Spyderco Bug, and Gerber Artifact.

I don't keep them in my pocket with my keys, but it's good stuff to have in a bag or briefcase.

IMG_20120426_141055.jpg

The larger-but-still-tiny BumbleBee almost disappears with my keys:

IMG_20120426_142552.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Another expensive hobby just looming on the horizon.. Just a few pieces, wanted some UK carry legal items that I could just keep on me all the time (hence the bug and the micron), as well as a blade that I could use in work for various applications that was cheap enough to not worry about (hence the Byrd). The Spyderco penknife is pretty much reserved for cutting open big packages of airsoft stuff and other less strenuous household jobs.

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0071.jpg

I did also have a very nice black anodised Gerber flick-to-open multi-tool that I used on an absolutely daily basis down in the Falklands, but then just about a week from leaving, some *Ubar* decided it would be better in their possession than mine...

The microns look cool, but are pretty useless for edc. Mine won't take a decent edge either.

The Byrd tern is good though, got one recently. I alternate between that and a SAK, but have just ordered a higonokami to try out too :)