my point was that being a Gerber they tend to use quality steel instead of plasticine. One of the best knives I ever owned was a Gerber Gator which I bought about 12 years ago and is still going strong. I currently own a Gerber LMF II, a couple of Gerber multi-tools, a couple of Gator's and the 2 BG's. At one point I was carrying the Gerber power axe which had a small Gerber knife in the shaft. I tend to use Gerber's because they all use quality steel.

I'm sure you probably want to point out that there are knives out there with much stronger, better, ninja steel which can split atoms just by swishing them through the air but i'll stick to my Gerbers.

That gerber will hold an edge because of the steel its made from, not because its a gerber.

Sadly i can't see any specs of it, other than 'high carbon stainless steel'.

Glad to see that other people are liking the leathermans though, i think its going on my christmas list...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are a feww of the Knives i have collected over the past 2 months.. Never knew I like Knives so much..

El Cheapo Ebay Blade

Knife012_zps8271e40a.jpg

KaBar

Knife011_zps19b8116d.jpg

CRKT M16

Knife006_zps2a6c6895.jpg

Cold Steel 2 Handed Katana machete

ColdSteel2handedMachettestingandXCR-L006.jpg

All the folders in a row..

IMG_20121031_183229.jpg

Top to Bottom:

CRKT M16

CRKT Drifter

CRKT Drifter

Kershaw Viper (I think)

Kershaw 3/4 Ton

Kershaw 1 Ton

Kershaw Tremor

Edited by SHWEL

For the money, they are a bargain. I really like the 1 ton a lot. It is very slim and both blades hold an edge quite well. 3/4 Ton is very nice as well, but I find it a little on the fat side of things.

And thanks for the correction, it is Vapor.. I knew it was something like that.

All of the Folder I have were under $30 shipped each from Ebay. They are all a bargain. The Vapor was from Woot ($9)... Great blades for less..

• 4 weeks later...

I know! I don't see the point of them though. I bought one a while back because I thought it would be a nice feature, but a thumb stud opens nearly as fast, and a flipper maybe even faster.

First world problems, eh? I suppose it wouldn't put me off buying, but I don't see the need :)

I really like my ZTs' they're the only 2 AO I have and I wont be looking for more, next maybe a hinderer, not AO but their opening is smooth and fast, but first I'm on the lookout for a Strider SNG/SMF as I think I need one in my life :P

Edited by Aitch
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been playing around with this Blackjack 1-7 since just before Christmas. The combination of tool steel and a convexed edge seems to be pretty fantastic. It's cut up meat, brashed several paths through undergrowth and, albeit just for the sake of it, cut up some kindling. All it's really needed is a going over with a strop after post of these and that's gotten it back to perfect edge. Doesn't look half bad hanging from the belt of my African merc gear either...

P10009531280x960_zpsea72dc4f.jpg

P1000976960x1280_zps12056367.jpg

• 3 weeks later...