Cheers guys

It was from "the triangle" a market in Nairobi. There's loads of really cheap touristy ones but I was lucky enough to find a stall which had a few of the actual ones. Even the guy I was staying with hadn't seen a real one for sale so easily.

Chris, well that's what I did and it was fine. I don't know what would have happened if they did a random bag search but it went through all the scanners with no issues.

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Impressive, can you just stick that in your hold luggage without any extra paperwork?

Cheers guys

It was from "the triangle" a market in Nairobi. There's loads of really cheap touristy ones but I was lucky enough to find a stall which had a few of the actual ones. Even the guy I was staying with hadn't seen a real one for sale so easily.

Chris, well that's what I did and it was fine. I don't know what would have happened if they did a random bag search but it went through all the scanners with no issues.

In theory, as the knife is a type that's legal to import (I.e. not a flick knife, butterfly knife or one of the handful of other banned types) there's no need for any extra paperwork. you should be able to carry it through without any problems.

Note I said in theory, because as we know, customs can do strange things on occasion.

Edited by bobthebuilder
  • 2 weeks later...

I really want a tomahawk, yet it would never, ever get used.

Apart from me dicking about with it, obviously!

Same.

Honestly, what other reason do I have other than they're cool as hell?

Edited by scorch

I really want a tomahawk, yet it would never, ever get used.

Apart from me dicking about with it, obviously!

Buy a rubber one and hurl it at people in a game? Assuming said site and players are fine with such play?

Still given most knives are really for show due to the fact they can't be carried is a tomahawk any different? You are still spending money on something that might never see the light of day either way? :P

Failing that buy more guns, they might instead see use.

'FireKnife'

Buy a rubber one and hurl it at people in a game? Assuming said site and players are fine with such play?

Still given most knives are really for show due to the fact they can't be carried is a tomahawk any different? You are still spending money on something that might never see the light of day either way? :P

Failing that buy more guns, they might instead see use.

'FireKnife'

I'm a chairsofter now, not played for a couple of years!

I just stay at home, collecting sharp things...

:P

• 1 month later...

It has a wee bit of an appeal, who's the maker?

I just paid for my Busse Team Gemini last night, strong pound makes me happy, it was about 50 quid cheaper than the quote when I ordered it :D so it'll need  a sheath made when it arrives, fun.

Edited by Aitch