• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say, are the blades actually sharp or do they have factory edges? And does ye happen to know what kind of steel it is, as in carbon steel or stainless? Don't remember types of stainless of the top of my head but it doesn't look like carbon steel, if you could prove me wrong however that would be really quite cool ...

Umm. Wow. I have to jump in on this. I'll try and get pics up of my most beloved of my weapons. I have over 50 edged weapons, and unless they are pocket knifes few are anything less than 1065 spring steel. Many are customes made for me too. I also have a few weapons by Paul Chen. GOOD STUFF! May take a week or two on pics.

Edited by Rapier
I say, are the blades actually sharp or do they have factory edges? And does ye happen to know what kind of steel it is, as in carbon steel or stainless? Don't remember types of stainless of the top of my head but it doesn't look like carbon steel, if you could prove me wrong however that would be really quite cool ...

you talking about mine? it has factory edges, but once I can handle it properly Situpking will sharpen it for me. Have no idea waht metal it is, but I want to remove the crappy string grips & put leather strips on instead. Much sexier :D

Mind you we're not sure mine is a Batleth, both thought it was until we saw one being weilded in Chronicles of Riddick...

Both of ours are full size - approx 4ft across.

this is the other...

post-6288-1116615138_thumb.jpg

Edited by h&kchick

I'm going to Tanzania next year and kinda want a sheath knife for that,

I'm 16yrs old, but the smallest 16yr old you'll ever meet, so I want a sheath knife with a nice compact cosy feel to it, blade no more than 10cm (else the rents'll crucify me).

I'm not looking to spend much more than £20 on it and I want it with a sheath (if poss not olive drab) and would like a good quality Carbon Graded Balede (not Stainless Steel)

Has anyone got any suggestions? Sorry for all the restrictions, if anyone could help it'd be much appreciated.

Ta, Joe

Ok, this is a pic of a bat'leth batleth.jpg

H&kchick, what you have is the inverse of that weapon. PLEASE be careful when playing with yours, the backward sloping points can easily leave some nasty mark on your arms and legs.

Rocky, check out these. http://www.coldsteel.com/fixed-blades-para-edge.html I beleave they are legal in the UK, I know they are legal in the US and cold steel is always a good brand. Even if it's a stainless blade it's A6 rated, which is just about as good as you can in in stainless.

• 2 weeks later...
hi, thanks for the link, it looks good, though the plastic handle makes me enuasy, but i'll think about that one, it looks good.

Any other ideas are welcome, thanks, joe

Thread Revival Time!!!

just for the record, anyone have an Opinel knife?

i used to own one, and they're great, uber sharp, they keep their edge, and don't rust/stain.

They have an Oak handle and a twist lock system.

I used to have one, but alas i lost it when i moved back from france :(

Opinel.jpg

Joe

• 4 weeks later...
lol..im gnna go cut my nails now lol

What the *fruitcage*...

Did you wipe your self in the *albatross* with your hands? :P

[/Off topic]

Better watch out, I'll cut ya!

Butter_Knife.jpg

I WIN! I have a plastic knife =D

post-4669-1120770852_thumb.jpg