• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do it man, but with all the knives perhaps? I'll stick all mine together tonight, there's a few of each and a couple of kukris too.

And my meat cleaver, it's not from the kitchen as no-one else will have it there as it's too sharp! It sits in a drawer, I'm too scared to handle it sometimes :rofl:

Righty ho, bit of a cheek I know, but there are some knives in there too ;)

An O-Ren Ishi katana from Kill Bill at the top,

Crossed Barbarian broad sword and Scottish Broadsword in the middle/left

Carbon Steel Gladius from the film Gladiator (Tigris of Gaul's sword)

A cheapy straight Katana/Ninja sword

2 full sized Kukris (not the oversized, just regular size I think

1 small kukri

The Meat Cleaver! Bought for me along with a french chef's knife for christmas

A small sheath knife, very similar to one pictured by someone else here (just above the crossed swords in mine)

An overly sharp diving knife, apparently. I would not want it anywhere near me underwater, personally, but hey.

Apart from the gladius the swords have scabbards next to them, kukri sheaths are on the bottom right of the pics.

Sorry about the flash pics, it's my room in the evening. This is a shiny one:

shinyfull.jpg

And one with less glare too:

non-shiny.jpg

Righty ho, bit of a cheek I know, but there are some knives in there too ;)

An O-Ren Ishi katana from Kill Bill at the top,

Crossed Barbarian broad sword and Scottish Broadsword in the middle/left

Carbon Steel Gladius from the film Gladiator (Tigris of Gaul's sword)

A cheapy straight Katana/Ninja sword

2 full sized Kukris (not the oversized, just regular size I think

1 small kukri

The Meat Cleaver!  Bought for me along with a french chef's knife for christmas

A small sheath knife, very similar to one pictured by someone else here (just above the crossed swords in mine)

An overly sharp diving knife, apparently. I would not want it anywhere near me underwater, personally, but hey.

Apart from the gladius the swords have scabbards next to them, kukri sheaths are on the bottom right of the pics.

Sorry about the flash pics, it's my room in the evening. This is a shiny one:

shinyfull.jpg

And one with less glare too:

non-shiny.jpg

CRAPPY WALL HANGER HEAVEN

well if you hang them on the wall like intended then they are not crappy

but dont use those as swords due to they are not swords....they are slo's sword looking objects

Well fair do's, all except the gladius, the cavalry sword and the meat cleaver.

The cleaver is good enough for cutting ovine thigh bones so it's technically good enough for anything combat -related should anyone wish to turn psycho with it, the cavalry sword suffers from a stainless basket-hilt but has a real heavy steel blade, not stainless and maybe a low grade of tempered steel, I have trouble flourishing it to be honest!! It is 100% rigid unless it strikes something like a tree, there's enough flex to prevent shattering so it's pretty good in fact.

The gladius is proper carbon steel - it'll cut any wall hanger and most other things in half with ease :D I had to take the protective coating off it of course, with sandpaper and wire wool, and now just have to keep it oiled well.

Oh and thanks for calling my stuff crappy, love you too mate :P

Well fair do's, all except the gladius, the cavalry sword and the meat cleaver.

The cleaver is good enough for cutting ovine thigh bones so it's technically good enough for anything combat -related should anyone wish to turn psycho with it, the cavalry sword suffers from a stainless basket-hilt but has a real heavy steel blade, not stainless and maybe a low grade of tempered steel, I have trouble flourishing it to be honest!! It is 100% rigid unless it strikes something like a tree, there's enough flex to prevent shattering so it's pretty good in fact.

The gladius is proper carbon steel - it'll cut any wall hanger and most other things in half with ease :D  I had to take the protective coating off it of course, with sandpaper and wire wool, and now just have to keep it oiled well.

Oh and thanks for calling my stuff crappy, love you too mate :P

well he said crappy as in being used as swords, but hanging them like your supposed to

you are aware that red one is the same exact one in the sword snapping qvc movie???

and i could buy all those swords at the price of 10 dollars(american whole sale stores aint it great!)

Don't know which movie you mean; sword snapping? It would blatantly snap if used in anger, or even with much enthusiasm in fact :D But you could not get the gladius for $10, that I guarantee.

I'd be very surprised if you could get one like the cavalry sword either, it weighs a ton and the blade actually is good steel, even though the hilt is, regrettably, stainless.

If you can get either of those for $10 I'll give you the $10 myself ;)

I doubt you'd get the O-Ren katana either in fact, it is actually a (cheapo) movie replica, and despite US wholesale stores being good value you'd have to buy at least 10 of them??!! Wholesale etc.

It costs more $10 equivalent to buy a good wet razor, or a packet of cigarettes and a cheapo lighter in England.......

Holy flurking schnit that's unbelieveable. And for $5 (that's about £2.75!!!) for 5? Christ man, why aren't you buying them up by the dozen and flogging them for $25 each??!!! Some people buy them after all, those who don't invest heavily in their blades collection for example... ;)

• 1 month later...

thegunrunner and COXY, awesome knives. my grandpa jumped in the Battle of the Bulge and this guy that was about 6'3" (which is considered like 6'9-7' back then) shot him in the shoulder but he was able to shoot him back and kill him, and he took this ring the guy had as a souvenir to prove he'd taken down this giant guy and my mom still has it (she doesn't wear it, of course). I'm sure i could find his knife he had in are attic or this one safe we have, maybe i can get some pics up.

Lightning

• 2 weeks later...
If you are looking for a use-it-every-day folder I can heartily reccomend anything by Spyderco- totally awesome.

I fully agree. I've carried a Spyderco Clipit Endura since 1991. I'm on my third one now - the old-style clip broke on the first one (they make it of spring steel now, much better), and I lost another changing uniforms on a bus (long story), and I'm currently carrying my third one.

The serrated edge stays super sharp, and the one handed opening and closing is teh win. I honestly don't know what I'd do without it, I feel completely naked when I'm not carrying it.

C10BK_L.jpg