I thought that too until i saw your collection. :P  how many do you actually carry into a skirmish?

Greg

Well i carry my multi tool, M9 bayonet, and one of my SW autos. every once in a while i will switch the M9 for my Tac knife. the big black one.

Why the cage of fruit would you carry a knife into a skirmish? Maybe a multitool or something.:/

Well i always have a knife or two incase of emergancys. It is just smart. plus my air tazor hasn't came in yet so it is my first line of self defense.

Edited by Krazy L
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are a lot of Opinel in this place

the french touch

(i live near the city where they are built)

and about the sog blades, they are pretty good and in use in US navy seal SF units

i think that the trident TF-3 will be my next buy :P

Edited by guillom
Well i carry my multi tool, M9 bayonet, and one of my SW autos. every once in a while i will switch the M9 for my Tac knife. the big black one.

Well i always have a knife or two incase of emergancys. It is just smart. plus my air tazor hasn't came in yet so it is my first line of self defense.

what the *fruitcage*

Self defense in an airsoft game?

Are you ok mentally?

I carry the Lake Signature and my swiss knife every day, but as a tool. Using a knife for SD is very dangerous, it is an agrressive behaviour, can harm the oponent or yourself (it's made for that but you really wouldn't like to injury or kill somebody in the street) and as it is generally illegal to carry one (in France, fixed blades, locking blades, and blades bigger than 8 cm are forbidden to carry) you could have a lot of problem with the police, even if your aggressor had a knife too.

And I used to carry my 16" folding stick in my bag, but I carry two battery sticks now, easier to explain to cops, and very efficient!

That's my other. Its an SOG Seal Pup

Christmas05025.jpg

How do you like that SOG? I've been looking into one as they are pretty cheap.

Pitty, no ExtremaRatio, Microtech or Masters of Defense knives? Sigh...

Cheers,

Mike

:cookiemonster:

I like both the SOG's that I have alot. They are extremely sharp and well made. I've had the Seal Pup for a year and it hasn't scratched or shown any signs of wear. I've only had the Tigerstripe since xmas but I love it.

I've got a few knives, most people have seen before so it would be boring to post (such as the multitools). However, I do have two that are different.

The first is the Katz. I do not remember the model but the handle is a rubberized grip. Blade is 4" and is XT80 stainless steel, forged in Japan. It has a thumb tab for quick release of the blade (it's a locker). What's very cool about it is the sheath ... it's a pancake style knife sheath. Don't exactly see that often. :)

Unfortunately I don't have a picture of it at the moment but I'll take one later and post it.

The other knife I know people haven't seen since it's a unique blade. It was created by Osso Forge. The handle is made of horn and malachite. The blade is a combination of soft and hard steels with 50 layers thus creating a "tri-color" damascus blade and thus making the knife completely unique.

I have pictures but instead of flooding the forums with the (very very) large pictures you can see this one on my gallery at http://www.sosdg.org/~melody/gallery/norcal2oct2005.

BTW, I personally do not endorse the usage of a real steel knife during *any* type of play, especially doing mock SD. It is seriously easy to get hurt or to hurt someone. I don't like plastic knives either since, though they are not sharp, if it has a hardened point of any type, _it can still accidentally stab someone_. Since the blade isn't truly sharpened it can actually do more irreparable damage than a real steel knife since instead of a nice smooth cut, you get tearing. Rubber (which isn't too rigid) generally isn't too bad.

Mel

Here's my little collection - mostly WW2 other than the last 2.

Top to bottom

M1942 16" Bayonet with M3 scabbard for M1 & M1903 rifles

M1 10" Bayonet with M7 Scabbard for M1 & M1903 rifles

USMC Fighting Knife mfg by Ka-Bar inc.

M3 Trench Knife with M8 Scabbard

M9 Bayonet & Scabbard

USMC OKC-3S Knife/Bayonet & Scabbard

knives.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

First few pics are of my Buck-Strider 889 SBMF, with lanyard.

This thing is just so...'tactical'... :D

gallery_8_231_18208.jpg

gallery_8_231_39253.jpg

gallery_8_231_141986.jpg

gallery_8_231_84756.jpg

My entire collection (from the top, working left -> right):

SOG Seal Pup in old-style sheath with paracord goodness and custom belt loops

Spyderco Byrd Pelican (FUGLY, but reliable!)

Buck-Strider 889 SBMF

CRKT Desert Cruiser

Spyderco Clipit Dragonfly

gallery_8_231_171998.jpg

gallery_8_231_54199.jpg

Spyderco Clipit Dragonfly ah so thats what its called i got one of them too. my dad gave it to me a while back

DSCF0179.jpg

DSCF0175.jpg

Also dont know if this will count but he gave me a tomahawk too dont know anything about it though

DSCF0335.jpg

DSCF0333.jpg

My Ka-bar and boot knife have gone missing but ill have a look for them in a min

Some more pics avalible here

http://photobucket.com/albums/y164/gundanwing/Spyderco/