• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jack pyke 'garden' knife coming to me soon. good stuff.

garden.jpg

i had one of these an age ago when i was a boy scout. they're good general purpose knives dure to the 'pruning' blade. you can do things like hammer the point into a can without the 'wobbly fool' effect created when trying to do it with a bayonet. the shape makes it a very good carving edge too, as well as a handy craft knife, spoon, degouger, skinning knife, nail cleaner and a multitude of other uses.

and yes, it appears in that highwayman film, Plunkett and McLane. no, i can't throw it.

Spyderco Clipit Dragonfly ah so thats what its called i got one of them too. my dad gave it to me a while back

DSCF0179.jpg

DSCF0175.jpg

No dude, that's another one of the Spyderco Clipit range, but definately not the Dragonfly. You can't tell from my pics really, but the Dragonfly is TINY.

That looks like the good ol' Delica, albeit the old version with the old scales and without whatever tiny improvements they've made to it now.

Spydercos seem to be make excellent everyday carry knives - small and light, but still seem to hold a good edge.

Anyone know the best CHEAPEST place to buy a gerber bowie? and a Buckmaster (the one thats the M9 bayonet in survival knife form)

i have....

Traditional Kukri knife (110yrs old, covered in blood stains, its my baby)

SA80 bayonet

Human bone handled knife some 150 years old

Victorian hunting knife

and some other little bits and bobs

Copied the Buck-Strider Terani in respect to the grip areas on the blade, here.

Half an hour, a craft knife, some scissors and a roll of adhesive skateboard deck grip tape gave me this.

It works well, and I'm happy :D

IMGP1813%20copy.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

for you who may know alot about knifes and glocks, heres one that i rather like, which i own! its a glock 78 olive combat knife without the saw on the back of the blade, i found it amungst a tonne of webbing i was given by a family friend, it was his old kit when he was in the irish regiment, he got issued a whole new kit so i got the old stuff!

• 1 month later...