I have a small knife which I got for part of my kit list when doing the duke of edenbuigh award bronze, It's smaller than 3", it just folds out, and "locks", much like the one posted above. I don't see how anyone can use a non-locking knife to carve or cutt, it would just be unsafe. I only use it for camping or sometimes fishing (for cutting line/plastic packaging, or making tent pegs). I won't post a pictures because he said no locking knifes, though my small pocket knife is perfectly legal, and functions much like every other flip out pocket knife in shops everwere.

Edited by mario114
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the ones I had handy, and would fit in one picture :)

Knives.jpg

The SWAT folder is worth its weight in gold. I bought it in 1997 and has never failed to keep its edge, it's been with me since then. The sleek teflon finish wore off long ago, but I just can't see buying a new one since nothing's "wrong" with it.

I've got a half-dozen or so more folding knives, M7 and AK47 bayonets, perhaps I'll get them all collected up next time I'm at my storage garage and take a photo.

http://www.islandtactical.com/ProductImages/CRM16-14D.jpg

I plan on getting this. I had a CRKT when i was in infantry school and i absolutly loved it. But i lost a few months ago. So i need a new one, I like coyote brown so  :D

I just won this one on e bay for £14.95. I've got a Cold Steel Magnum Tanto coming to.

Y'know I never did quite get the whole appeal of knives; but then I'm probably still bluffing that from when I had to declaim against their merits after being arrested for `possesion of an offensive weapon` (I was entirely innocent I assure you, I blame quite completely the college I was attending at the time) a few years ago.

Swords however are still the way forwards in terms of bladed tools; yet I'm still clearly subscribed to this thread.

So tell me; how much do these knives cost then, anyone? I'll spend a few hundred £££ on a sword (yes, I do have some new - proper carbon steel - ones since the `crappy wall hanger heaven` :rolleyes: pics) but how much would you guys spend on a 3-5" folder?

Personally, for even the very nicest one, I wouldn't give over £70. I mean its totally impractical after that point, isn't it? You'll be able to find a more durable knife for a better price, for a knife of that size.

Wouldn't you?

...how much would you guys spend on a 3-5" folder?

Personally, for even the very nicest one, I wouldn't give over £70. I mean its totally impractical after that point, isn't it? You'll be able to find a more durable knife for a better price, for a knife of that size.

Tell that to Strider :D

Still knockin' out $400+ SmF folders. 4" blade, liner lock. S30V steel, titanium on the handle. Totally bombproof, and I mean totally. The stock steel the blade is made from is VERY thick, which makes them heavy but incredible durable.

You know you want one, you know you can't resist the Strider sexiness... ;)

tridentshs010012kb.jpg

trident

airsoft0290bx.jpg

tomahawk tactical, Benchmade 940 SBK, SOG SEAL Pup, Cold Steel SRK

those are just my tactical knives (my carry ones...I have many more). There are close to 3000 knives in the basement.

And if people are familiar with Moran, Osborne, Loveless and some of those guys, I have several of their pieces in the gun room.

Edited by Blarney

post-475-1145313596_thumb.jpg

Thought i'd chuck this one in :)

My nice and new ish Wilcon Combat and my Dad's new Chris Reeves Sebenza (Limited edition) folding knife...

One worth £150ish and the other worth about £400 you guess which... lovely knife though and very sharp :blink: as are all my dads knives.

Some really nice knives through out this thread so keep em coming.

Cheers *AL* aka Lofty

• 1 month later...

Strider Hybrid HideAway Knife

One of a batch of 50 or so, and part of the only batch this year. Batches tend to be roughly a year apart. It really is a work of art, too. The amount of work put into it, and the end result, is truly astounding. The first knife I've ever owned that could be described as 'beautiful', because it really is.

Also ordered a Ripp-Cord deployment option, a pair of SheathSticks, and of course a lovely silver bag to hold it all ;)

The SheathSticks are amazing - they let you put it almost anywhere. There's a video demo HERE... :D

gallery_8_627_39452.jpg

gallery_8_627_10151.jpg

gallery_8_627_28227.jpg

gallery_8_627_31652.jpg

gallery_8_627_99047.jpg

EDIT: Ooh, alark, lovely Sebenza. Classic knives, and Chris Reeves is one of the best guys in the business :D

Edited by HaVoC
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/six...ai/Knife002.jpg

Leon's knife from Resident Evil 4 rendered in ABS by Matt Bond =D

Very nice, wonder if i can get one cast in metal, probably not. What the weight on it like, and most importantly what did he charge for it?

And now onto my Knives, only 2 atm but once Guns get banned i'll probably move onto buying more.

Top is an M3 (i think I'm not to hot on knives)

Bottom is my Grandfather's Gurkha from WW2, Bit rusty need to clean it up but not really sure what to use, is DW 40 ok on Knives? Bit of help be good, taa very much

post-668-1148416018_thumb.jpg

>>Very nice, wonder if i can get one cast in metal, probably not. What the weight on it like, and most importantly what did he charge for it?<<

the knife it'self weighs allmost nothing, if I had to compaire it to anything, kind of like a TM M9 slide w/o any of the bits inside it. He only charged like..80. It's baised off the Merc Worx series of knives, so if you like it, I reccomend going and checking them out =]

• 2 weeks later...

My knife I recieved as an award for my completing a rediculous exam and teaching two lectures in Drill and Fundamental Training (for cadets).

untitled1copy2fk.jpg

Will get a better picture in a day or two

• 4 weeks later...