Indeed. Had the chance to aquire one, but back then I was a poor poor kid.

You want meto dig out one of my THREE SPARE Sykes Fairburn Fighting Knives?

Like I said on MSN the iother day, I desperatly need to down size my kit, cos Im going deaf with all the moaning. Give me a bell when you get back on line in a bit. TTFN

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever experienced sharpening issues with the KA-BAR? Both my friends KA-BAR's are difficult to sharpen I'm the only one that can do it right actually (expensive electric sharpeners FTW).

SOG Tigerstripe SEAL Pup> SOG Field Pup :D

:(

Electric sharpeners is a no-no. They remove way to much metal to be used for anything other than re-profiling (cheap)kitchen knives.

Go get yourself a Spyderco Sharpmaker!

Edited by Moriquende

My Souvenir from my trip to Maine, a Spyderco Military CPM-D2 with Foliage Green G-10 Handles.

img0540ky1.jpg

img0544wp4.jpg

Not totally sure I quite like it, it just feels too large in my hands, and it kinda scares me... Plus it is overkill for a EDC knife, not to mention I found these were a small run of ~1200 pieces, not something I want to even use.

If anyone know anything else about it or possibly a fair asking price (considering it is NIB) please PM me.

before anything, i would just like to let you know that i know nothing at all about knives except that they cut.

that being said, my car got stolen and when the police found it a week later, i found this knife in my car: (along with a spoon, some crack rocks, a toothbrush, a purse and some other stuff)

IMAGE_123.jpg

i need to get it sharpened

was at a store, saw this knife, and after reading up on the new 5.11 knives, figured I'd pick one up for everyday carry.

5.11 Tarani. They make these in Tanto as well, you should be finding these for $90ish. Same materials and build strength as Benchmade, they use G10 scales for grip. Several styles from what I saw, and have seen, looks like 5.11 just keeps expanding.

P1010026.jpg

P1010027.jpg

P1010028.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
before anything, i would just like to let you know that i know nothing at all about knives except that they cut.

that being said, my car got stolen and when the police found it a week later, i found this knife in my car: (along with a spoon, some crack rocks, a toothbrush, a purse and some other stuff)

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e390/hot...m/IMAGE_123.jpg

i need to get it sharpened

Ohhh a Gerber Fairbairn-Sykes. Thats a good knife!

I concur. Does look like an applegate.

Btw anyone got one of those Emerson Commander folders? I've always loved those since I saw one in my late teens but could never bring myself to buy one.

I have never held or even seen one in person, but alot of people on bladeforums like them.

They are a bit of a pain to sharpen due to the blade shape, but on the otherhand, they are very good cutters.

If you like tactical looking knives, get one! ;)

Also, just noticed that Emerson FINALLY had his absolutely horrible website re-designed!

Haha, watch out for knives with a wave on them, I lost one to customs last month and it was/is UK legal, there is a customs meeting next week about the description of blades and what they should/shouldn't allow through, more on the britishblades forum in the law section on these matters.