• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. Considering how many pics I actually take one or two are bound to end up looking sharp. :P

I don't think BM makes any UK legal ones sadly. But if you don't have one already you should definatly check out the Spyderco UK Penknife in the above pic, or you could give Fällknivens U1 a go.

Link

Edited by Moriquende

Aye great pics mate :)

It is legal to own BM knives in the uk and carry with good reason (job, religious purposes, activity etc) but unfortunately customs have been seizing a lot of axis lock knives (the lock which BM knives generally feature) as 'gravity knives'. If you're going to purchase I'd get them from a domestic supplier, but I'd be a little cautious that this could be a sign of police opinion and possible future legislation in the UK that Axis locks could fall under the category of gravity knives and subsequently be make the banned list of items illegal to own.

To try and sidestep the hi-jack a little here's another pic of a bit of a beast (Strider GB)

1692076411_8f193469dd.jpg

1692076369_4eaed7cd61.jpg

Edited by billy252
But if you don't have one already you should definatly check out the Spyderco UK Penknife in the above pic, or you could give Fällknivens U1 a go.

Link

I've tried, but I really can't make myself like the Spyderco. The shape of the blade annoys me for some reason. Do like the look of the U1, would you say they're worth the money?

:zorro:

Edited by dannyboy

I love the spydie but i wouldn't get one as a UK legal carry as most none knife people I've shown it to tend to be scared by the shape / 'pointyness'.

Falkniven blades are great. They're solidly built and traditional style, usually a little more sheeple friendly than the spydies. Some customer reviews on the heinnie site - http://www.heinnie.com/6p623Y1243164/Knive...1/p-92-139-961/

The legacy is another popular slip-joint (http://www.williamhenryknives.com/product/pocket/legacy/index.html) though they're much more gentleman's knives and a lot lighter / thinner than the fallkniven.

TriChrome - Lovely Reeve. How do you find it?

Edited by billy252
I love the spydie but i wouldn't get one as a UK legal carry as most none knife people I've shown it to tend to be scared by the shape / 'pointyness'.

I can say the same about my Kulgera. The long spear-point blade seems to scare people. :(

Been waiting on this since October (well done parcelfarce) and now it's here, I'm stupidly underwhelmed. It's an alright knife, don't get me wrong, but I'm not loving it.

DSCF2099.jpg

DSCF2100.jpg

[edit] Tis growing on me, think I just need to get used to how light it is.

Edited by dannyboy

Yeah, the SOG is definately growing on me now I've had it a couple days :)

DSCF2104-1.jpg

Click to embiggen.

Was bored. Found another seven after I took the picture, but I couldn't be bothered putting them all out again. And I know I've misplaced at least four. Eh. Do love the random mix of quality :lol:

Been waiting on this since October (well done parcelfarce) and now it's here, I'm stupidly underwhelmed. It's an alright knife, don't get me wrong, but I'm not loving it.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w281/dj...ns/DSCF2099.jpg

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w281/dj...ns/DSCF2100.jpg

I know what you mean. I was deciding between the SOG Seal Pup and a Gerber LMF, and when I handled the SOG, I found the balence to be awesome, but the actual cutting surface is a little to short for me, also, the blade isn't really beefy enough for what I'm using it for. That's why I ultimatly went with the beast of a knife that is the Gerber LMF. I wouldn't mind a CRKT Hissatsu though......

Edited by The Crunchy Bunny

Here are the knives I use the most, I have more but they are more decorational and less practical therefore they are packed away somewhere.

The top 2 are a pukko and leukko set I bought when I was in Finland, the second one is my great grandfathers knife that has been passed down through our family.

pukkoleukko.jpg

knifecolored.jpg

Since I can't link to the project thread, I'm going to link a mere two pics of it.

I reckon that is allowed?

100_2661_edited.jpg

100_2666_edited.jpg

@ Plankton

A hundred year old knife ain't bad. Just sad that it seems to have been raped by a grinder at some point in it's life. :(

Edited by Moriquende

Thats the Seal Pup? Ok it is the Seal Pup

When didcha get it! I've always love SOGs and CRKTs. Wish I have an Emerson Commander. Can't say I feel other brands like Spydercos tho

I know what you mean. I was deciding between the SOG Seal Pup and a Gerber LMF, and when I handled the SOG, I found the balence to be awesome, but the actual cutting surface is a little to short for me, also, the blade isn't really beefy enough for what I'm using it for. That's why I ultimatly went with the beast of a knife that is the Gerber LMF. I wouldn't mind a CRKT Hissatsu though......

Just wondering, isn't it kind weird that if u wanted something beefy you considered the Seal Pup? Wouldn't the Seal 2000 be a better choice, or even the Tigershark?

Edited by Punkypink

lol wait for the CRKT Hisshou aka "Improved Hissatsu" although it has a 300USD price tag due to the grade of steel V30 or something