Airsoft, first or second love?

Inq Eisenhorn

Ok peeps

I was wondering how many people here have alternative hobbies to airsoft, and if so what are they and what comes first??

The reason I ask, is becuase most of my interest and hobbies seem to gravitate around a common theme....battle.....do I need psychiatric help, probably....but this is my last ditch attempt to see if I conform to "society" norms...or if indeed I am a freak! :flamed:

Ok to get the ball rolling here are my other interests / hobbies in order of importance:

Chinese Martial arts and Meditation.

Games Worshop miniature painting / wargaming

AIRSOFT!!

Mountainbiking.

Travelling.

Ok, your turn!!!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to begin with from the ops initial post i have to just say thats kinda emo thinking that you must conform to some sort of "norm" mindset in the persuit of your own happiness and recreation.

as long as a hobby is legal and consenting then whislst there will always be nay sayers its ultimatly up to you waht you spend your time and money on.

the sooner people can realise that your own hapiness comes from being you, not some sort of mindless clone of those around you the sooner you will be happy.

onto topic which tbh should realy be in either a newbie or of topic place but still

for me its scuba diving first and foremost

then airsoft

then oddly work as i am one of those gits who is lucky enough to have a job which i find rewarding.

hmm...

1) Airsoft

2) Video Games

3) Cars

Something like that, and no, I dont think you are crazy. IMHO, pretty much everyone needs psychiatric(or at least a whole lot of people). Also, different people have different interests, just because your's have to do with war/battles, doesn't mean they are wrong.

Airsoft. This is my primary hobby, the numero uno moneydrain.

Computer gaming (mostly it just turns into surfing internet forums these days). This was my first "hobby", starting with the old C&C Red Alert. I just listed this as a second hobby because I spend a lot of time infornt of my PC, filling in the time not spent on other hobbies.

Games Workshop miniatures and wargaming. This was my primary hobby for a long time, untill I discovered airsoft. I did skip a game of airsoft today to go to the Apocalypse release game though ;)

RPG's. I often join my friends playing this, and have also GM'd some short campaigns with my room mates in the army.

to begin with from the ops initial post i have to just say thats kinda emo thinking that you must conform to some sort of "norm" mindset in the persuit of your own happiness and recreation.

as long as a hobby is legal and consenting then whislst there will always be nay sayers its ultimatly up to you waht you spend your time and money on.

the sooner people can realise that your own hapiness comes from being you, not some sort of mindless clone of those around you the sooner you will be happy.

Thanks....I'll bear that in mind, cause it never occured to me!

yes the benifit of a little age. (ok lots of age) and also being the sole goth in a catholic school

I was being sarcastic :D Belive it or not, my opening statement wasn't really a plea to join th emass ranks of human automaton that sleep walk through exsistance...it was mean't as tongue in cheek!

I'm well aware of the benefit of individual expression.... ;)

The reason I ask, is becuase most of my interest and hobbies seem to gravitate around a common theme....battle.....do I need psychiatric help, probably....but this is my last ditch attempt to see if I conform to "society" norms...or if indeed I am a freak!  :flamed:

Ok, your turn!!!

Given that most (successful) societies through the ages have been warmongering ones, I'd say you were maybe too normal :P

But yea, for me,

Music (listening and playing)

Literature

Film

Art in general

Airsoft

Games Workshop

Computer Games

Mixed Martial Arts.

That's mainly it.

Decimus.

Roleplay gaming (Cyberpunk 2020...and I am an active WoD hater :P )

Airsoft

Motorbikes

Driving me bus

Gothic rock music

Anime (used to be an easy number 1!)

Road cycling (itd be a lot higher if we had some decent bloody weather around here!)

Oh..for all the GW gamers...I gave that up just before ver-2 rules Epic 40k. Back when Dark Future still got articles in White Dwarf :P

Anyone else remember the Troll Games? Or the Steve Jackson adventure books? I still have them all somewhere.

Oh..for all the GW gamers...I gave that up just before ver-2 rules Epic 40k.  Back when Dark Future still got articles in White Dwarf :P

Anyone else remember the Troll Games?  Or the Steve Jackson adventure books?  I still have them all somewhere.

Oh, you mean the fighting Fantasy books....Deathtrap Dungeon, City of Thieves!!!

Oh the memories....I used to read Joe Devers Lone Wolf as well!

Now that would make an awesome themed Airsoft game, Orks overun a village and Ghost Recon have to go in to clear it out!!!!

Archived