Airsoft, first or second love?

Inq Eisenhorn

Please note I do not wish to disparage GW enthusiasts, I merely find the majority of their systems are extremely expensive and the rules tend to operate as 'latest release am teh win!'

I am a GW enthusiast, and you needn't worry about that, GW are discouraging their customers/fans all by themselves from the two points you've just made :P

Decimus.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do have quite a few anoraks, including:

- Fencing (Primarily epee - RedScare, Maximus: what weapon(s) do you fence?)

- English Civil War re-enactment (both pike and musket in a Parliamentary regiment)

- Miltary history in general

- Video games (PC and Xbox (360))

- PCs in general

- TV/film SF (do a fair few conventions, main obsessions are Battlestar Galactica (new version), Babylon 5 and Blake's 7)

Finding enough weekends to do all of the above is proving non-trivial...

Airsoft comes first, no contest.

Walking/climbing. Haven't really done this for a while now as I have injured my hip and our uni climbing club was shut down. (That incident was not our fault)

Films/TV/music

My course, Maritime Studies. All about ships and shipping. Facinating stuff.

Spending time with friends.

Cooking, i suppose, its quite relaxing.

I suppose an honest answer would be in the following order:

1. My wife. Top fun but bloody exspensive.

2. Martial arts. Goju Ryu Karate twice a week. Taken the place of fencing for a while now.

3. Airsoft. Mostly marshalling at Electrowerkz or playing with the DA's in away games.

4. Gaming. Playing a lot of Quake Wars atm. Loving being a sniper/spy.

5. Writing. www.outsidecontext.com and 100,000 words into a novel.

Airsoft isn't my first love, that falls to cycling. And that isn't just mountain biking. I love all forms of doing fast and silly stuff on bikes. It is also the thing causes me the most pain, in terms of injuries and to my wallet.

Second love is going out and going to gigs. I love seeing bands live.

Airsoft comes third.

1. My fiancée (who luckily shares all the other interests)

2. Weapons, from swords 'n axes til firearms

3. Roleplaying games (pen & paper as well as computer games)

4. Fantasy in general

5. Airsoft

6. Drawing

7. Philosophic discussions (yeah, nerdy, I know...)

8. Hiking

Hierarchical order here lies only in having my fiancée on top of everything else, the rest is more or less equal or depends on my mood. :)

For me airsoft is up there. But other things are BF2 and other games, allong with living, shooting, Drawing and Chemistry stuff. I won't lie though, sometimes just shooting my marushin M1 at 100 PSI and going trough all 17 clips in minnutes is really fun. ha ha. If 8mm didn't cost so much I think i'd go trough a 9oz. tank every day easily.

Archived