International sales open

I've changed the way that the sales system works slightly. As is the way with things we tweak and adjust things to get them working as smoothly as possible.

As things stand UK sellers still have to have 100 posts on here to trade (or at least see the trade facilities).

The major change is that the US and International sections are open to all international users.

Hopefully this finds a reasonable compromise between stamping down on attempted fraud, complying with UK law and usability. ;)

• 4 months later...

Was an Announcement up for over a month in the US and WW sections

What?

All members will be required to have 100 posts minimum before access to the US and Worldwide sales sections can be added.

When?

The change will come into effect on the first (1st) of March, 2008.

Why?

As you are all probably aware by now (there's been enough global announcements made!) we implemented a minimum of 100 post rule to access the UK sales section. This was done to prevent the abuse of this forum by scammers and fraudulent individuals, as there was a strong correlation between such members and low post counts. The change resulted in a significant drop in the number of such reported fraudulent activities on the UK section.

Within the US and Worldwide sections there has been a marked increase of late of reports by members who feel they have been defrauded or scammed. In almost all cases, the accused had a low postcount. Given the success in the past of such a move within the UK section, we have decided to expand this strategy on a trial basis to the US and Worldwide sections.

But...!

We recognise that this will not prevent all incidents of fraud occurring, and that this is far from an ideal solution. However, we feel this is a small price to pay in order to better safeguard our members against fraud and deception.

Furthermore, we apologise if this inconveniences any members with postcounts below 100 posts who are currently selling. If you feel you have sufficient justification for requiring immediate access to the sales section, please contact a member of the moderating team. We will consider all requests.

Should check for updates more often guys.

Regards,

-Dale

mildly annoying, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

That pretty much sums it up, to be honest.

We found a lot of American users in particular were getting ripped off, as we hadn't extended the 100 post rule to the US and Worldwide sections. Since introducing the changes in the UK section there has been an almost complete end to such problems, as most of the unreliable users have less than 100 posts. Hopefully the same will now follow with the US section.

Users with sales threads opens are welcome to contact me - I'll bump them up so they can access their sales over this transitory period. After that we'll only really grant access to members with under 100 posts for valid reasons.

This is lame ive been for almost three years now and i only post for sales, questions, or if i see somthing i can help with. So is the only solution for me is just to start posting more stuff? :(

Edited by hello

I have to agree. I usually don't post too often, I have been a member for over 2 years, never had a problem. I have bought items from the sales thread. 3 days ago at the latest, but now I can no longer access the sales thread. I guess i'll just have to make worthless posts, like in the picture thread. "Great looking gun" and such to bump my post numbers up.

We have a thread about the new restrictions:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=137596

In particular pay attention to Marlowe's post.

If you spam your way to 100 posts, you will annoy of lot of mods and we will play with your post count.

To keep things tidy, I'm going to close this thread.