WE1911 double stacker

[edit: if someone's done a review on this before, i must have missed that thread on search. if so please link it to a reply and i'm sure a mod will merge this into it if it's not repeated info]

quick review of the WE1911 double stacker pistol... (pics to come)

first impressions. decent quality and no visible 'cheap' mould lines or paint or what not.

feels heavy duty enough and everything seems like it's built like a tank.

on closer inspection on the slide, the trade marks i see seems to be like just a load of dates for patents for that gun (and peeling the made in taiwan sticker off). well... if you're into your trades on a gun, that's a down side for you but that doesnt really bother me too much so i went onto checking the slide wobble.

some of you would know the some of the guns have a slide that is slightly too fat for the frame by like 1mm or something... meaning it wobbles sideways, personal thing really as it doesnt affect its performance... this one has VERY LITTLE of that.

then i grabbed the mag... just as i expected and i knew this before i got the gun... as it was marketed to take hicapa mags. which is good. 2 obvious reasons. high ammo and gas capacity. 27rds and well... since it's a fat mag... i reckon it can take 50rounds worth of gas on average. not sure about the cold now though... but i'm confident when it's warmer you can squeeze 2mag's worth of ammo out of 1 fill of gas.

another thing i look at when i get pistols is when you strip it... do you need to fiddle around with specific mechanisms? any tools required? i.e. WE dragon requires an allen key to remove the front end before taking the slide off. the p99 gbb also requires some fiddling to take the slide off... this one strips like other 1911. simple stuff

while i'm on the slide... the action is so smooth it's unbelievable. and although when i checked the frame rails, trigger and hammer mechanisms as well as the blow back valve... it was bone dry. i'm not too fussed because i always check those parts for lube.

but think about it... if the gun is bone dry and can still retain it's smooth slide action... what about when it's lubed? fantastic! that's what i say... putting a bit of the teflon lube i have for my bike on it... well... you have to see how nice it is...

this brings it onto the recoil/shooting experience...

when you buy a gbb you expect recoil right? well since this one has a fatter mag, i'm not too worried on gas consumption... so the first few shots with gas venting out the side and back doesnt bother me... i know that's going to mean the sheer amount of gas pumping through the blow back chamber means it's powerful enough (1J) and enough to give me a satisfying recoil.

although it has quite a nice kick, it's not like the other heavy recoil guns that are more like a shove than a kick. some of you that have upgraded from a plastic to metal slide will also vouch for that. but this gun has a really snappy recoil so even when you get quite a nice kick on it, it's still possible to give you a chance to double tap your target accurately.

obviously the stupidly light trigger helps it alot but if you've tried learning how to double tap the ipsc way, this gun is ideal to practise and to use it on.

there's a few more things i'd like to test out but i cant now (and couldnt for the last 12 hours) is range, accuracy and how i'd rate it as a skirmish weapon. obvious reasons there...

i'll be no doubt, testing the range and accuracy on this gun at finmere tomorrow for the range and accuracy with this being completely stock.

since this hop system copies the TM style hop... i have high expectations on this... high enough for me to expect to hit a chest sized target at 30m (assuming i can shoot straight and there's minimal wind)

so a pretty sweet gun in a nutshell... 9/10

what did the 1 point lose out on?

trademarks being a bit poo and it doesnt have night sights/optic fibres/removable or replacable iron sights. (if you like your rails on the gun, this one aint got it either, but you'd have opted for the WE1911 tactical instead)

best of all... it's cheap as hell and definately well worth the money

other than that... i can see this gun being a reliable back up and can be quite useful in cqb.

Edited by urban-ninja

darklite, we've been through this discussion already. the p14 and the 1911 double stacker is different.

and your WE rep guy that you happened to know must not be telling you everything about WE.

because it has 1911 on the box, it has nothing saying it's p14 on it.

and instead of coming with a co2 mag, it comes with a hicapa 4.3 mag.

the we1911 double stacker i was talking about

pic1: here

pic2: here

p14: clicky

darklite: maybe talking like that would work on a newbie, dont try that with me. wander why not many people initiate convos with you in hong kong? well because people realise you speak to everybody as a newbie and i think i know the obvious answer to that is. now your reply in that is basically going in my face and trying something cocky. im sure the other users in the thread knows about this gun too. and would they be wrong too?

oh ok, all of them are wrong, what about FC? he knew of that gun from the day you heard me mention this. did it even cross your mind once that a person doing airsoft trading for how many years? not knowing what he was talking about?

you have to talk to people with more respect DL.

Edited by urban-ninja
darklite, we've been through this discussion already. the p14 and the 1911 double stacker is different.

and your WE rep guy that you happened to know must not be telling you everything about WE.

because it has 1911 on the box, it has nothing saying it's p14 on it.

and instead of coming with a co2 mag, it comes with a hicapa 4.3 mag.

the we1911 double stacker i was talking about

<pics>

darklite: maybe talking like that would work on a newbie, dont try that with me. wander why not many people initiate convos with you in hong kong? well because people realise you speak to everybody as a newbie and i think i know the obvious answer to that is. now your reply in that is basically going in my face and trying something cocky. im sure the other users in the thread knows about this gun too. and would they be wrong too?

oh ok, all of them are wrong, what about FC? he knew of that gun from the day you heard me mention this. did it even cross your mind once that a person doing airsoft trading for how many years? not knowing what he was talking about?

you have to talk to people with more respect DL.

No need to get so pissy, U_N. I made a mistake, I wasn't 'being cocky' or going in your face.

And to be fair, your description in the review was not terribly clear, and no pictures until now kinda made it hard to discern. A simple "This is not the WE P14" would have sufficed.

Oh, and thanks for the personal jab right there. Nice. Since you and I were at a total of maybe three or four skirmishes together, I'd say you're not really in a position to pass judgement on whether or not people speak to me often.

Oh, by the by, great irony with the "respect" line there. Very nice.

you have been cocky with the way you've spoken to people in HK. noticed how people turn away when you try to talk to them?

stop talking to everyone as if they have no idea about airsoft. this is to people in person too. i wander who else in O thinks that.

Wow, WE certainly makes some strange combinations. I was wrong, WGC doesn't have that thing.

Not to split hairs, but I'd have called that a Para Ord, too. Printed on Colt trades on the slide is one thing, but when the grip and mag on a 1911 goes doublestacker, P14 is the first thing that comes to mind. I'd say physical dimensions overrules trades.

p14 and the we1911double stackers are available to buy yes... and from the same company. WE

but saying that one has a WE rep giving info as a source then claims that there is no such 1911 double stacker, only a p14... that makes me think otherwise

this has been around 2 months since i was told to be wrong about WE's 1911 having a double stacker. with me being wrong or not, i'm only going by what name it's being marketed as.

Edited by urban-ninja
you have been cocky with the way you've spoken to people in HK. noticed how people turn away when you try to talk to them?

stop talking to everyone as if they have no idea about airsoft. this is to people in person too. i wander who else in O thinks that.

1) I don't.

2) I try to be helpful, and give people the benefit of the doubt.

3) TBH most people in HK, players or otherwise, don't know much at all about airsoft internals. And as I usually end up fixing or checking stuff for people, I also tend to explain things a lot to said people.

And again, I'll ask you to stop flinging personal insults about.

so why do you speak to the people that already know about how AEG works like as if they're a newbie?

and why avoid that question earlier? that WE rep you know. who is he? and why was there incorrect/insufficient information about this that you insisted that i had the wrong gun and was talking about the wrong gun since late july?

guys keep it clean or this shall be deleted/tided

I'll agree I too originally said it was a Para-Ord P14 but Urban Ninja is right there is a P14 and double stacker 1911/2011 whatever you wish to call it as there are subtle differences. Also iirc Para Ordinance used to make double stack frame and mags for people with preexisting 1911's (read as they used to not make full guns but bits and parts for those who wished to customize)