• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine came in a standard brown box but if you look here

http://store.matrixbb.com/servlet/-strse-2...tal-M249/Detail

comes in a very nice eggbox foam lined case and for less than I paid for mine :(:angry:

How much of a clone of the CA version is tha A&K M249? I mean to the millimeter? Has anyone compared them side by side and noticed differences in the steel frame construction?

Here is my beauty

i installed guarder boreup kit for M4, madbull hop bucking and G&P RIS with no cutting or modding

i placed a large 9,6 2400 battery in the boxmag so i rewired it (also no cutting or modding needed)

ohh and i also used a bit of coyote spray paint

IMG_0244~0.JPG

firstly - id consider buying a CA solid stock, as a large battery will fit in that. and looks hell of a lot obetter than a peq box

secondly - will the A&K gearbox do a straight drop in for the CA gearbox ? i may get the opportunity to swap an A&K gearbox out for my CA one that needs re-wiring, possibly a new rigger switch. is it worth it ? i really cant be arsed to fix my CA gearbox, and i would then sell an A&K 249 with a non working ca gearbox.

so i have one CA249 with a working A&K gearbox, and sell an A&k 249 with non-working CA gearbox, but with minimal work needed to fix it.

good idea or not ?

because not only do i need cash, not only can i not carry 2 minimi's, but i have CA249, and dont want an A&K one. i just want the quickest and simplest solution to fix my ca one, and if the A&K gearbox is on par with the CA, theres my solution. im hoping the majority of the price corners were cut in the manufacture costs and external materials of the A&K. and that the insides are as good as CA.

Well I asked a local retailer and he said that all of them come with that box seen on evike. Now I'm not sure if I should beleive him or not.

I'd say don't believe him, there's been no mention prior to you asking the question of any metal box for the A&K. There's no way it would sell for the price is does if it came with a metal case, Evike must be adding that case themselves, the norm is the plain brown box.

firstly - id consider buying a CA solid stock, as a large battery will fit in that. and looks hell of a lot obetter than a peq box

That will be a yes to the battery fitting into the A&K stock as well then I guess, if the AK is a direct copy of CA. I assume. :)

Screamin Weasel - how close do the guns compare in terms of build, is the A&K a true callipers and micrometer copy?

Got it together now the issue I'm having is the BB's make it about 10 feet before they hit the ground....all i tried to do was put in a new airnozzle suggested by a forum member but that one wouldn't fit so I had to go back to the OEM one. Any ideas?

Kye - all im saying is i can get a normal shaped 8.4v large battery, 3000 mah+ in my CA solid stock. if you read back through the thread though, people are saying one wont fit in the A&K stock.

cafemondo - unfortunately i dont have the A&K minimi yet, its a possible swap deal i might go with, im just doing some work to find out my choices.

id consider buying a CA solid stock, as a large battery will fit in that. and looks hell of a lot obetter than a peq box

Apparently you can fit a large 9.6v standard battery in to the stock of the A&K M249 Mk2. My friend says that he has done it, and all he had to do was remove the plastic end caps from the battery to get them through the slightly narrower opening in the buttstock. I need to try this myself still though, to confirm if it is as simple as it sounds.

What's the proper name for that bit of rubber that presses on the bucking when you adjust it? Sounds like that little fella is off centre or something.

Mine's back at the original ROF now, still some issues with the boxmag so I've switched to hicaps for now. I fiited those bearings you got for me Stealth (which reminds me I need to pay you for those) just to try 'em, and she seems quieter than ever! Very smooth.

All sorts of things can get in the way when putting the gearbox halves together (in my case usually the anti-reversal latch or the spring guide retaining latch) but in your case it sounds like the tappet plate isn't sitting in it's groove right. I've had it open that many times now I could probably do it blindfold :D

Mine arrived in a cardboard box, can't remember the exact colour but I'll go with sandy brown.

Apparently you can fit a large 9.6v standard battery in to the stock of the A&K M249 Mk2. My friend says that he has done it, and all he had to do was remove the plastic end caps from the battery to get them through the slightly narrower opening in the buttstock. I need to try this myself still though, to confirm if it is as simple as it sounds.

Could you tell us how it goes please?