The A&K M249 Review

I think they have sorted it Pablo. I read that they had from Action hobby's section of this forum.

I'm hoping that they have changed the O-ring on the piston for something that is more air tight. No biggie if they haven't though.

EDIT: Here we go, the post I read about the hop rubber thing

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...t&p=1482467

Edited by Kye
  • Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Apparently you can fit a large 9.6v standard battery in to the stock of the A&K M249 Mk2. My friend says that he has done it, and all he had to do was remove the plastic end caps from the battery to get them through the slightly narrower opening in the buttstock. I need to try this myself still though, to confirm if it is as simple as it sounds.

Well it turns out that my friend was correct. You can fit a 9.6v large battery into the stock. The battery itself needs plastic end caps to be removed, then it just about fits down the narrow part of the stock, it is a pain in the *albartroth* to remove afterwards due to the slight angle on the narrow part of the stock, but it does go in. :D

The plastic end caps are only held on by heatshrink, plus the battery will not fit down the narrow part of the stock with the end caps on, and you cannot just dremel that out like you can do with the butt plate opening.

If you are worried about shorting the battery out at all you can just put tape over the exposed battery ends.

Well it turns out that my friend was correct. You can fit a 9.6v large battery into the stock. The battery itself needs plastic end caps to be removed, then it just about fits down the narrow part of the stock, it is a pain in the *albartroth* to remove afterwards due to the slight angle on the narrow part of the stock, but it does go in. :D

I have also modified my large battery to fit into mkII stock, goes in without problem... First I removed the caps, but was afraid that wiring would go off... so I just cut down the sides of endcaps and fixed it with some duct tape.

Hope it helps...

Boxmag feeding issue on a few

Hop rubber needs atttention nearly on all

Zero grease in gearbox

those are the basic problems usually found in the 1st and 2nd releases

Sorry to harp on but has anyone had a gearbox component failure yet? some slating of the v2 gearbox going around, the earlier 249's also had one major spring so some serious tension and stresses going on.

Boxmag feeding issue on a few

Hop rubber needs atttention nearly on all

Zero grease in gearbox

those are the basic problems usually found in the 1st and 2nd releases

Sorry to harp on but has anyone had a gearbox component failure yet? some slating of the v2 gearbox going around, the earlier 249's also had one major spring so some serious tension and stresses going on.

Yes. Stripped three teeth off the sector gear. :(

It's the three that engage the middle gear just as the sector gear is picking up the piston.

However, I was running a G&P hi speed motor on a 12v battery. :D

Yes. Stripped three teeth off the sector gear. :(

It's the three that engage the middle gear just as the sector gear is picking up the piston.

However, I was running a G&P hi speed motor on a 12v battery. :D

congratulations on being one of the first to cripple one

guess the motor and battery combo would do just that, running a fat spring as well? hmm? dont bother answering that one :) so crippled due to a rather major upgrade and not as a standard issue gun, easy repair for you if you did the upgrading yourself

Edited by cafemondo
Would someone be able to give me the exact weight of the para model?

27lbs dry weight (no BBs) - but the only caveat there is that includes the free gun case it came with :D

BTW - my hop up unit had very little action to it and the 'plastic card fix' that FE described was not working too well - probably a function of my inability to follow instructions :D

I did the next best thing - I created a new nubbin - I experimented with a few materials but settled upon the ink barrel of a cheap ballpen (the kind they give away at hotels). The diameter matches perfectly with the old nubbin (which I appropriately split in half after doing the plastic card fix as I inserted the inner barrel).

Aaaanyway - I made a slightly longer nubbin but you'll have make sure the inner barrel is installed on the hop up unit before you could reassemble the hop up with the new nubbin, this also means you'll have to disassemble the hop up before doing an inner barrel change.

If you dont it in this order, you run the risk of ripping the bucking, because a slightly longer nubbin means theres a very slight protrusion on the bucking even with the hop at 0. Also, you'll have to smooth off the edge of the new nubbin as this could potentially perforate the bucking after so many uses.

Edited by arivee
ok, so stripped off due to cheap metal gear or massive ammounts of torque and speed or both, you have upgraded/downgraded the motor/battery now or just replaced the gear?

Probably a combination of all three. The gears have been changed to a set of Guarder steel ones with a King Arms sector clip and a new Guarder piston. I'm just waiting on a couple of new 4,600mAh large batteries from Component Shop, an 9.6v and a 10.8v. In the meantime it'll be running on a 4,300mAh 9.6v.